Kobe-for-MVP
Years ago

Judd to Carlton - Official!

I no at the moment season over for AFL most of you dont care about the subject well to be honest i dont either.. focus on NBA and NBL.. but this had to be brung up.. the biggest trade maybe ever in AFL history..

"After almost a month of intense speculation surrounding his future  Judd announced on September 16 that he was heading back to Victoria after six seasons with West Coast  the premiership captain and Brownlow Medallist will be playing with Carlton in 2008.

As a result of Carlton's acquisition, emerging key forward Josh Kennedy will return to Western Australia and line up with West Coast in 2008 after two seasons on the Blues' list. He was claimed at No. 4 in the 2005 NAB AFL Draft.

In addition, selections have also been exchanged. Carlton also receives No. 46 and West Coast gains No. 3 and No. 20."

Whats Everyones thoughts.. i rekon in a year or two Carlton could defintly be a powerhouse again but seriously will also all depend on Judd and will he get fully fit again??.. Also what will be of West COast?? In my opinion they will still be in the mix but struggle a lot more then past years..

Topic #13073 | Report this topic

The Truth  
Years ago

no way WCE will struggle. They had Cousins out for the best part of this season, judd on one leg for half the season and kerr in and out due to suspension and injury.

Now they've also got pick 3 in the draft (plus a couple of other handy first round picks) they are going to get younger.

Add to that the blooming priddus and i reckon top 4 next year for sure.

Reply #152408 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

i didnt mean struggle as in bottom of the ladder.. i meant they wont be a top 2 side.. my opinion they will finish 6thish on the ladder.. i said they would struggle sompared to the last 3 years..

Reply #152410 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

West Coast now have a chance to pick up some really good youngsters with picks 3, 13, 19 and 20 along with Kennedy. They should be able to add some young talent to an already decent side.

However, Go you Blue Boys.......

Reply #152430 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

hey will finish higher than 6th IMO. They are a very, very good side with midfield depth to cover the loss of Judd. Plus, as said, they have draft picks. And don't forget they still play half their games in the cauldron that is Subiaco, and it is very hard to win there. Top 2 again I'd say, and at least the 4

Reply #152435 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Agreed Lockstock. If Cousins is fit & has his head in it, he's obviously a top flight mid-fielder, as is Kerr. As in youngsters like Rosa, Priddus etc and veterans such as Braun & Fletcher & I think they'll be doing just fine.

If Hansen can stay fit for a season (good luck!) that'll also go a long way to ensuring their continued success.

Reply #152452 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think they still have three out of the four best players in the league in Kerr, Cousins and Cox. Cox is probably the most dominant ruckman of the modern era along with Jim Steins. They will be top 3 for sure. Hopefully Geelong Eagles GF!

Reply #152464 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

HAHA cox most dominent in the modern era.. brendon lade?? last two years all australian.. i wouldnt go that far with cox..

Reply #152466 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

I'd take Cox's all-field game over Lade in a heartbeat. No other ruckman can match up with Cox.

3 of the top 4 may be a stretch, but IMO definitely 3 of the top 10, along with best best fullback.

Reply #152469 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

Cox is by far the most dominating big man since Shaun Rehn and i believe the most important player in the comp . Lade is a gun no doubt and to overcome back to back broken legs with back to back AA at the age of 30 is a fine effort .
WCE will be more than fine as will Carlton with this team

BETTS , FEVOLA , SIMPSON

FISHER , WAITE , RUSSELL

WALKER , CARRAZZO , MURPHY

GIBBS , DRUMMOND , SCOTLAND

THORNTON , SADDINGTON , HOULIHAN

CLOKE , JUDD , STEVENS

O'HAiLPIN
BENTICK
KREUZER
BOWER

Reply #152474 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

it sure looks promissing for carlton..

Reply #152481 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Cousins no doubt will ice his body during the pre-season to be ready for 2008

Reply #152490 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:08 am, Sun 21 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754