Max
Years ago

Darryl McDonald

Is it just me, or do people feel D-Mac is so overrated. I mean i feel is a good player but not an all star, superstar player people say he is.

Topic #13093 | Report this topic

df  
Years ago

He was, isn't anymore, i mean hes over 40 now so thats pretty good.

Reply #152612 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Back in the day he was an allstar, 19 pts 10 assists per game

Reply #152614 | Report this post

mark  
Years ago

I dont think he is overrated at all. I think he is justifiably recognised as one of the best PGs in the NBL for about the last decade.

Reply #152617 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

It's a tough one as he isnt going to score 20 a game. But he is still going to throw thoes incredible passes, that no one else even thinks of doing and pulls them of at such a succesfull rate. And pull out a lightning quick steal whenever you think he is slouching of or you have him beat.

You want a guy like him in an All Star game purely for the entertainment he will bring, and how much better he makes players around (Saying that there are probably players that deserve to be in it more this year). However in terms of star player or top 10/20 overall in the leauge he isnt up there.

Reply #152619 | Report this post

Paul  
Years ago

still the benchmark for what a all star point guard should be

Reply #152621 | Report this post

The man  
Years ago

A good old fashioned point guard. Increadibly smart with the ball and in great shape. Would much rather him on my team so no i dont think he is overrated at all.

Reply #152668 | Report this post

ANON12  
Years ago

Yes he is/was a great player. Fabulous team/role player. Still able to dunk - which shows his fitness and athleticism - even on the supposedly wrong side of forty. BUT - he appears to be SOOO arrogant. Every time a foul is called on him he reacts and pouts, struts around the floor and glares at the referees. He thinks he can do no wrong. Sure he sometimes appears to steal the ball cleanly but he also fouls a lot and gets away with it - because he is DMAC and the younger referees are intimidated by him (and some of the experienced ones). IMO he should just play the game and show a better attitude (or maybe he's been doing it for so long that he can't change).

Reply #152689 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

He gets called for fouls on the clean ones and dosn't get called on the dirty ones.

Probably evens out over the course of a game, but there's nothing more frustrating than getting called for a foul you didnt commit, even if a couple of minutes earlier you got away with one.

Reply #152746 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

He's 44 years old guys, to have his success at that age is unheard of. Id also say Dmac has more right then almost anyone to expect calls on an NBL court he's done his service.

Reply #152776 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

D is amazing!! He might be getting older (and the only grandpa in the NBL for your info) but he is still in great shape. He brings a lot to the team with his skill and experience.

Whoever said he is arogant... you obviously don't know the man. He is one of the nicest guys out... but then again i'm a little bias.

A very exciting player to watch and will miss him when he retires.

Reply #172370 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:17 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754