Mark Price
Years ago

Dragons 0-5

It was a Sunday evening about this time last year that the Dragons slipped to 0-5.
Absolute carnage follwed with the Head Coach, the 2nd Assistant and the Import big man getting the sack.
Absolutely hysterical how fate can come back to bite you on the arse isn't it?

Topic #13097 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I came to post the same thing. How long can Heal be allowed to continue?

Reply #152644 | Report this post

Mark Price  
Years ago

Heal is as safe as houses, Cowan thinks the sun shines out of his arse!
Look for Horvath to be the scapegoat in the next week or two.
Luckily the Dragons have shown they honour 2 year contracts well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #152645 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I was surprised at how close they came to beating the Tigers last night. They can't be too far off the mark. I don't think Horvath was a good pick up for them and they could be just one good import away from winning some games.

Reply #152650 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The blonde bimbo just needs more time for them to jell.

About 4-8 weeks should see them jell.

Reply #152653 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Interesting picture from the Sydney Olympic Torch Relay (and no, the photo isn't doctored).

The Dragons' record could get worse before it gets better. Bullets, Breakers then Hawks. They'll be praying they can win against NZ or Wollongong.

Reply #152655 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DEATH TO THE PRICE HUNTER

Reply #152658 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

They will almost certainly be 0-6 before they have a better chance to get a first win.

Agree with those saying that Heal is safe and that Horvath will get the boot.

Holmes and Ingles have been excellent for them recently. Shame we really need a SF here!

Reply #152662 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

would be more fun if they left him to make a complete mess of the entire season

Reply #152663 | Report this post

Paul  
Years ago

bring back mark price

Reply #152678 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

ahhh i sense guy will be his fall guy

Reply #152685 | Report this post

Mad about widgets  
Years ago

Sniger, chuckle.

Reply #152695 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

I wonder who would be Heal's successor if Heal is indeed dropped (we all know he won't though)

Reply #152707 | Report this post

Blue Collar  
Years ago

Bottom line for me is that Heal himself needs to be playing less minutes. He has been turning the ball over will some regularity this year and isn't really quick enough to work that high pick the way he used to.

That said - the Dragons will still make the finals.

Reply #152708 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

he used cortez groves as his excuse in the advertiser today. i agree with horvath being the scape goat, but when it comes down to all those close games, id still say coaching error played a large part. Shane should either just play or just coach, he cant do both.

Reply #152712 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

"Luckily the Dragons have shown they honour 2 year contracts well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Is that you, Scott?

Seriously though.....What is going to kill the Dragons is the personal way in which Heal deals with people. Shanahan is a friend of Heal's and you can tell.......He's playing 40mpg at the moment when he is really not up for it. Even when Groves comes back, watch Shane make Playing Time available for Bubble.

They have too many defensive liabilities on the court at one time. Holmes and Ingles are fine and work damned hard on the defensive end, but when you add Horvath, Shanahan and Heal himself, they are awful.

People are saying they can still make the eight. To be honest, I think they will struggle to finish over everyone except Wollongong and the Crocs (even the Crocs will improve when they replace Ro).

Too many eggs in the Heal basket, Mr Cowan. And now you reap what you sow.

Reply #152716 | Report this post

Go Dragons!  
Years ago

Yes Dragons were 0-6 last year and ended up in the finals...hmm dont think the 6ers got there did they???
Its so early in the season and they have played 4 out of 5 top teams!
Cant wait until they make the finals again!
Go DRAGONSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Reply #152721 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

wonder who would be heals successor...

Scott...come back..all is forgiven?? :)

Reply #152733 | Report this post

ewq  
Years ago

I actually think that the dragons are a bit hard done by. They have looked good in the games they have played. I agree that they are only 1 solid import away from having a team in the finals.

I do have a problem with Heal as player coach and here is my example.

Down by three against Melbourne with 5 seconds left the coach ends up trying to shoot the game winner over two lots of hands. Mean while the screener Jacob Holmes was left wide open after his man decided to double team Heal. Holmes 3 from 3 in the last quarter from the 3 point line.

Reply #152741 | Report this post

Years ago

people need to chill - theyve looked good in all their games...they just lost to 3 to the best, or second best team in the comp without their star import

Reply #152742 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Bubble came out of retirement to fill Brad Hill's void. Bubble 40mpg - Damn they must have had some big expectations from Brad!

How many mins is Luke Martin getting!?! Surely brings more to the table than Bubble, but plays too much like Heal and probably cant run them both together.

I would have liked to see the Dragons in the abscence of Cortez try

Heal
Ingles
Holmes
and 2 of Horvath, Burston, Hobba.

Think that gives them a better lineup, with plenty of height and more scoring punch than

Heal
Bubble
Ingles
Holmes
Burston or Horvath

Reply #152744 | Report this post

hithere1  
Years ago

I just wish the dragons would finish off a game by driving the ball in and drawing some fouls than relying so heavily on 3-pointers!!!

I am a big shane heal fan but he is killing this team with his coaching at the end of games!!!

And I hope that Horvath gets the boot!! he is really really bad!

Reply #152933 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Big Shane Heal fan?

he he, how big is that fan club?

Reply #152943 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:26 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754