4th Spazzy
Years ago

Kings - Now calling their own fouls

Just when you thought you had seen it all from the kings....they write a new chapter in the joke book that is the Sydney Kings!

Just watching the Kings vs Brissie game and ebi ere drove to the basket and a foul was called on Glen Saville, but the kings complained and said that it was on Jason Smith, (sav had 2pf before this), so at the next stop in play they changed the foul to Jason Smith....never seen that before....what a joke....surely they cant change the foul on advice from another player on that team?

CJ is getting butchered by the sydney players, got a brutal elbow to the throat from crosswhite!

3.48 to go in the 2nd quater 50-43 sydneys way..mind you the are reffing their own game!

Topic #13129 | Report this topic

cLaRkY  
Years ago

Yeah that was definitely a strange call, sets a bit of a dangerous precident though (as Carfino mentioned)

And how many times does John Casey want to say "worried him out of the points"
I swear he has said it about 6 times in the 4th quarter already....

Score Update:
Sydney 102 - 91 Bullets
7:28 left

Reply #153017 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

amazing comeback shaping for brisbane: from 108 -91 down with 6:31 to go, bullets had it back to 110 - 105 with 4:00 to go ..
currently at 113 - 105, 3:00 to go ...

Reply #153019 | Report this post

4th Spazzy  
Years ago

Damn!....Kings win by 10...127-117

Reply #153025 | Report this post

cLaRkY  
Years ago

At least it keeps the 1985-86 36ers record of 20 consecutive home wins intact.....

Reply #153027 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #153032 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

end result best team won

Reply #153033 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was at the game (Hollywood at half way line if you dont mind!) and this just stunk.

Sav and smith came over to the ref that made the call (the old guy) and begged to have it put on smith. Old mate said no.

They THEN went over to Butler who basically gave a gesture to say "dont worry, ill sort it". Sure enough, next break in play, foul was changed.

Also, the thing with the 24 second cock SUCKED. Firstly, how can they let brisbane bring the bal down the court with the 24 clock still buzzing AND no running? It totally broke their momentum.

Great game, to bad the refs ruined it.

Reply #153042 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

pls correct typo mods! s/cock/clock!

Reply #153043 | Report this post

Buns of Steel  
Years ago

The Kings have been calling their own shots with the salary cap for years!

Reply #153280 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

umm..but...who SHOULD the foul have been called on? I assume that an error was made and then fixed?

Reply #153375 | Report this post

mp  
Years ago

#153042 - watched the game on TV, the buzzer sounded for the shot clock and stuck. The clock actually kept running for the next entire play until the Kings scored.

Correct call by Scott Butler in that situation, and well handled with specific questions asked of the 24 second clock operator, and the game clock operator, and then a clear explanations to both coaches.

Brisbane kept coming, but didn't do enough to win it in the end. They are a championship team, you dont stop playing until the ref blows his whistle.

Reply #153511 | Report this post

David K  
Years ago

Reality is Kings never looked like losing that game. They were on fire, shooting 3's at a very high perecentage and evenly spread amongst a number of guys. BJ Carter had an awesome cameo appearance yet again. They got up and in on CJ Bruton, which i think affected his game. He did come back in the last quarter and still nearly won it for his team. I think other teams can learn from Kings on how to try and keep him quiet. I think the refereeing was of a high quality, the bad foul call was an obvious mistake and i think rightly corrected. Same goes for the shot clock, in both cases they got it right. It was a great game, best game of the season so far. Sydney are a surprise packet this year for sure. I thought they would be really crap. I was surprised how small Brisbane look this year. They don't have many true bigs and that could hurt them.

Reply #153560 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:12 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754