Pugsley
Years ago

Lightning vs. Bendigo

On now on ABC2, and Marino didn't start

Topic #13163 | Report this topic

Adelaide Fan  
Years ago

Yeah what they are trying to do is make Chris look like a lier. But they can't pull the wool over our eyes.
The thing is why would the assistant coaches, team manager, team doctor and court announcer leave if it was this little dispute that the Marino crew are making it out to be.
They didn't want Daddy's little princess to look bad tonight. Everyone knows what she is like. The thing is she doesn't care what people think of her. Daddy has bought the team for her to run one day.
It will soon be Adelaide Marino Lightning.

Reply #153544 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Would you be able to give some updates, if you'd be so kind, I ain't got abc2. I'd love to watch it.

Reply #153545 | Report this post

balls  
Years ago

bendigo 39
Adel 32
5:30 to go in the 2nd

Reply #153547 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

b 69
a 64
3 to go in 3rd

Reply #153548 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

live stats on wnbl.com.au

Reply #153549 | Report this post

hoops 75  
Years ago

try this!

http://live.sportingpulse.com/matches/92XwmFZsFMss_lds.html

Reply #153550 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

That live score kills the NBL's!

Reply #153552 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Does it ever, so much more betterer..
Wot do u make of that then.. bad loss here,played badly, now a 13point win ?

Reply #153553 | Report this post

skyhooked  
Years ago

Marino 6 points, is that worth a starting five position???

Reply #153554 | Report this post

Adelaide Fan  
Years ago

I think Daddy must have paid for those acting lessons too wipe away those tears Angela, i think you are pathetic. Destroy a mans spirit and you want people to feel sorry for poor little rich you... I don't think so...
Hurry and come back Erin and wipe her off the court.

Reply #153555 | Report this post

job girls  
Years ago

Great effort from Marino tonight! I can't see why she wouldn't be starting. I could only see two point guards out there for Adelaide, and Mahoney was the other one and both started on the bench. Foley is clearly not a point guard!

Marino had a huge influence down the stretch. Firstly she started the 4th with a 3 to give the Lightning the lead. With the two teams tied up at 83 with about 4 mins to go, Marino hit a three then got out on the fast break and dished off nicely to Camino to put them out by 5 or so with just over 3 mins to go. Adelaide never looked back. She was taken off with 2 mins to go, but i probably would have left her out there.

Obviously once Phillips is back she will start, but until then I would start marino. They definately looked more balanced with her out there.

Big fan of Tracy C. Awesome alround player! Whittle had a big game too.

Reply #153557 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Guess Brittany Wilkins is gone.

Reply #153558 | Report this post

realist  
Years ago

Adelaide Fan, you are pathetic yourself, small minded vindictive moron. Leave the girl alone, grow up you big "oracle" and tell this crap to Vince's face if you man enough. Somehow I do not think so you chicken shit. Big when hiding behind the alias.

Reply #153562 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

A Classy show by the girls tonight. Well done. Nice to see the team gracious to the end, even hugging Angela who was a bit teary after it all.
I'm very proud of how they handled themselves after a rough few days.

Reply #153563 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Great game to be on ABC also.

As for Marino benched for last minute and a half or so probably understandable as Bendigo were trying to drain the 3's to reel that 5 point deficit back. Marino gives up alot of height.

Reply #153565 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Something I picked up while watching last night. One of players from Bendigo used to play in the CABL. No. 7. Cannot remember her name though.

Reply #153569 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No. 7 for Bendigo was Louise McLean she used to play for Centrals Women in the ABA in 2006.

Reply #153574 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Perhaps Marino just didn't start because, whatever your perspective on recent days, it would have been a trying and emotional week especially for her?

Reply #153586 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

I "think" the game will be replayed on regular ABC at 4:00 today for those of you that don't have ABC 2.

Reply #153588 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

She didnt start because daddy wants to look good. Very smart businessman. I can understand how hard it was for the girls but the hug was over the top. Angela knew what was goiung on, thats why she ran from training and complained . Watch your backs girls because someone will be next

Reply #153597 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

They are just waiting for the right situation and Erin will be gone as well, again in the best interest of daddy`s and mummy`s girl.

Reply #153602 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wouldn't suprise me if some of these posts are from the same person and they are pathetic. Grow Up!

Reply #153611 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think its time Angela grew up!!! She is pathetic

Reply #153624 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what hug anon #153597?

Reply #153628 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Can you guys get over it? Its happened now, move on, because im sure thats what Lucas is doin.

Reply #153631 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lucas is over it im sure but who will be next? As soon as baby girl gets upset daddy wields the axe.

Its all very well to say its over but is it really? He will do it again. Private ownership is the issue. It doesnt work especially when your daughter plays bin the team.

They need to make a stand and its not the players fault. They need some direction. There should be a players association to advise.

Reply #153634 | Report this post

skyhooked  
Years ago

I do feel very sorry for Angela, but the tears at the end was all about playing the victim, trying to suck the girls in to feel sorry for her. Funny enough I think her daddy taught her how to do that when things didn't go her way along time ago.

I would love the Chasers war on everything to get into Vince, that would be a great story. Or maybe they could have a singlet with DG on the back just for Angela her new playing top. Daddy's Girl.

And no I don't think Chris would have moved on, You don't invest that much in a team and just move on in less than a week.

Reply #153648 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Wouldn't suprise me if some of these posts are from the same person and they are pathetic. Grow Up!
I wondered about that too, but the vast majority are from different people except where people are obviously continuing a conversation.

Reply #153668 | Report this post

andy  
Years ago

Dont feel sorry for Angela.....isnt she studying LAW at Adelaide Uni? She could sue your arses off.

Reply #153737 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hope she makes a great lawyer because she will never be a great basketballer. No guts no glory

Reply #153777 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Angela rocks, Lucas sucks....always has! Lucas...what a cry baby! If it isn't him posting then it is someone close to him. Adelaide Lightning is on the up! Still not sure about Vikki tho. Reckon there could be a better option out there. Whats Kingsman doing? Still at AIS i'm assuming...bit hard for him to leave there i guess. Give Vikki a month and see what she can do.....it like when Neil Craig took over the crows I guess.

Reply #153828 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And where did it get them when Craig took over???

Reply #153889 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:51 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754