Tyler
Years ago

All Star Game

Lets hear some tips for the All star starting 5.

My starting 5's:
Western Conference
PG: Nash
SG: Bryant
SF: Garnett
PF: Duncan
C: Ming

Eastern Conference
PG: Iverson
SG: LeBron
SF: Grant Hill
PF: Rasheed Wallace
C: Shaq

Dwayne Wade, McGrady, Carmelo, Francis and Nowitzki unlucky to miss.

The western conference forwards will completely dominate the eastern forwards - no question...

Topic #1317 | Report this topic

The Man  
Years ago

If these players are the best that the NBA has to offer then I think the NBA is on the way down.

Reply #14985 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Can any of Indiana's players get voted in? Artest and O'Neil would have been potential starters in the East

Reply #14995 | Report this post

The Man  
Years ago

Those two players are nothing more than overpaid thugs. I don't think they would of made it

Reply #14997 | Report this post

Tyler  
Years ago

Good point, Doc. I would have Oneal and Artest at PF and SF but my guess is that they wouldnt be allowed to play. This makes East's front court fairly weak...

Reply #14998 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Artest is a Defensive Player of the Year, and O'Neil is a superstar. Yes, Artest lost the plot and is a beer short of a six pack, but he can play.

Regarding O'Neil, he has never even had a T thrown at him prior to the Detroit game.

Had the fight not happened, they both would have made it.

Reply #15000 | Report this post

Tyler  
Years ago

agreed. The thing with Artest is that even though he was promoting his CD and wanted time off, his numbers were as solid as ever. I think he would have been a definite starter. As for O'neal, he would also be a definite starter. I dont think Indiana will make the playoffs either.

Reply #15002 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Sucks. I always go Indiana in Live.

Reply #15004 | Report this post

Years ago

TheDoc - as someone who has had JO'Neal in fantasy nba a fair bit, I can guarantee you he has copped HEAPS of techs!!

Having said that, I agree with the point of your post - he has no prior history at all of being a thug.

Reply #15009 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

J'O and Artest would be starters for sure in your All star team there Ty.

It is a shame about the situation of the Artest suspension but you gotta take the hits when your getting paid that much!

Reply #15036 | Report this post

Tyler  
Years ago

Absolutely - security would have caught the guy that threw the cup. And its just a cup. Its not like it was a chair. I think that most NBA players would not have gone into the stands. Artest just has a bad temper. I cant think of it happening before, except for Vernon Maxwell...

Reply #15041 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Tyler, I don't think it's fair to compare Ron Artest's situation to that of Vernon Maxwell.

A fan was slagging off at Vernon Maxwell about his stillborn child! If someone did that to me, he'd be lucky to leave the stadium alive. Surely the fans have some responsibility to behave like human beings ..... even if they're not.

Reply #15175 | Report this post

Tyler  
Years ago

Im talking about players fighting with fans, not the motives...

Reply #15186 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Was exagerating about the T's. Just saying he isn't a thug. Swats everything in Live too.. he he.

Reply #15189 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:38 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754