Anon
Years ago

What age should kids start playing club?

What age should kids start playing club?

Should they start at 8 or should they wait until they are a bit older and have developed some more strength?

Topic #13177 | Report this topic

booga  
Years ago

8 is a good time to start it's so much fun for them at that age and gives them a good grounding of the sport. if u leave it they don't develop as quickly in my opinion because they are still learning the rules of the game while trying to learn the basic skills, plus as a parent it's awesome to watch them running around as bubbies with no preasure.

Reply #153839 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree, 8 or 9 is a good time. I started when I was 9 I think.

Reply #153840 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

8 is good because in the year that they are 9 turning 10 they have to go up to U12's which is a big jump when they have no experience. Plus the kids in U12's can be really good after 2-3 years of playing and the basket goes up to 10 foot which is obviously harder to learn on

Reply #153844 | Report this post

broadband  
Years ago

has to be 8 in by laws.

sooner the better - as long as it is all in the right mode.

Reply #153955 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are the bi-laws available on the web?

Reply #154020 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

You should find them here:

http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?client=1-3-0-0-0&sID=763&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=57659§ionID=763

Reply #154083 | Report this post

Georgie  
Years ago

i reckon age 8 is a good age because they can take in a lot of new skills at that age and will learn a lot, whereas if u start when u are like 13 u have to learn more skills quicker.

Reply #154355 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

when dad can buy them a team!

Reply #154457 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

my boys started early, the youngest when he was 6,by the time he was u14 he was burnt out,at the time we thought it was great to start early now im not sure.but then u have to make sure they get the skill development which u10 and 12s bring.look around and see the kids who didnt get skill training,tough question,whos right/wrong

Reply #155196 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:43 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754