Anonymous
Years ago

Nick Horvath - Will he get sacked?

Do people reckon he'll get sacked? Perhaps a better question is : when do you think he'll be sacked. Someone said earlier that Joe Ingles seemed to be hinting in an interview that Horvath was on the outer. We all know what he's like on D and this year he hasn't been producing offensively either. Not just a waste of space but is doing the Dragons damage but letting the opposition score every time. Even though he might be about to Naturalize and become a Kiwi, he's still a player that you don't want on your team. Look at Shane's history, if he's gonna get rid of quality imports like Franklin and Ellis then surely he's gonna boot Horvath out the door.

Topic #13186 | Report this topic

Anfield  
Years ago

Quite a few people think that his last chance is this sunday against the Breakers. If he doesn't perform here, he could quite possibly be shown the door. Heal indicated in an interview following the Kings loss that he was not getting the 20 and 10 expected from a particular player that was a major reason for the losses. No doubt this was Horvath. I mean, who ever heard of an import not getting 20 and 10 and also now sitting on the pine!

Reply #153922 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You never want a player who gives 20 and 10 but absolutley no D. A player that gives 10-5 and no D is even worse. He's got a snowballs chance in hell of surviving with the Dragons and if another NBL team picks him up next season they've got rocks for brains. Be interesting to see who the Dragons bring in "when" Horvath is shown the door.

Reply #153929 | Report this post

Paul  
Years ago

Time to go

Reply #153930 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

In fairness to Horvath, he's not really getting the time to show any improvement either. But, the fact is, we are much worse when he is on the floor.

He might look a bit better, mind you, if Hammer didn't put him on at the same time as Shanahan and Martin.

The funny things is that (from what I understand) the coahing panel of the Dragons used to laugh at Horvaths lack of defence last season, and then went and hired him this season. Weird?

The Dragons nicknamed him Ninja too (I don't think this came from previous clubs, did it?), which conjurs up images of stealth, speed and agility. Nick goes 0-3 in those qualities.

Reply #153932 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

Centrebets odds for Nick Horvath keeping his job are at $150.

Reply #153945 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No chance. He will be taken off the roster and will continue to train. He will then be bought back into the roster as a NZ citizen next season.

Reply #153956 | Report this post

Anfield  
Years ago

I wouldn't even want him as a NZL citizen!

Reply #153962 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why the hell would the Dragons give up Rosell Ellis for Horvath...lmao

Ellis gave em 20 & 10 every night

Reply #153976 | Report this post

Cat 15  
Years ago

It might depend on whose willing to stroke a certain persons......ego!

Reply #153979 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Horvath Is a waste of talent, he can play great offence but he just doesnt, it was the same here but everyone blamed that on Smyth...funny that they would blame something on Phil just for it to happen the same way at another club, kinda says something to me...hrmmm

Reply #154014 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

i think youre all exaggerating his poor D. And it's hard to perform when Burston is getting all his minutes.

Reply #154067 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:52 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754