Nick
Years ago

Perth Wildcats release Rashad Phillips

The Perth Wildcats will make a major announcement today at 2.30pm WST at its head office in Perry Lakes Administration Office - Meagher Drive Floreat.

At the conference the Wildcats will announce the release of import Rashad Phillips and name his replacement.

Speaking at the Press Conference will be head coach Scott Fisher and the new import addition to the Wildcats squad.

Topic #13194 | Report this topic

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

who wins the "name the first sacked import" comp?

Reply #153992 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

I think thats fairly harsh... he has been averaging 13.7 points and 7.5 assists so far this season which isnt that bad for an import. atm he is on my dream team but I was going to trade him for Dontaye Draper this round.

I thought that the next import who was going to get sacked was going to be: Nick Horvath, Galen Young, Chappell or possibly even Tucker

Reply #153994 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gotta admire a team who can make a hard call

Reply #153995 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Replacement = Gerald Brown

Reply #153998 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

There was never a chance Chappell would get sacked. As for Galen Young, he just flat out sucks as an import

Reply #154007 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

ok i got it

ready

So Gerald Brown is the Answer not Rashad Phillips

here all night. try the veal.

Reply #154010 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Just read this quality piece on nbl.com.au

"The Perth Wildcats will announce the release of import Rashad Phillips and name his replacement at a press conference on Monday afternoon, according to a club press release. At the conference the Wildcats will announce the release of import Rashad Phillips and name his replacement."

Is it the school holidays at Sportal and the work experience kid is doing the writing?

Reply #154012 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

"who wins the "name the first sacked import" comp?"

I suppose that would be whoever picked Hawk's import James Peters.

Reply #154017 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

Isaac picked Peters didn't he?

Reply #154019 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yeah, I had James Peters at #1, then DeVries and one of the Blaze imports.

Scott Fisher and Phillips just didn't see eye to eye. Thought he might've been doing enough to hold his spot though.

Gutsy move by the Cats. They're winning, yet still make the change - I assume that Fisher just recognises that unless they are playing to really challenge the top sides, what's the point?

Reply #154022 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how pathetic the guy has been very solid in the opening matches.

a joke he got sacked hopefully gets picked up by another team.

Reply #154027 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

I wonder who the new import will be for the 'cats

Reply #154038 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

You really can't complain much about a PG that you bring in to get other people into the game that, OMG, passes the ball to people. 7.5 apg is pretty handy all in all. We probably would have won our game in Perth had Phillips not been playing - 14 assists dished out.

Reply #154055 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Phillips looks pretty professional. Great Stats but doesn't go running to the WA times.

Reply #154138 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

I saw this Rashad Phillips interviewed before the season and was surprised that they hired him as he was one of the most arrogant out of reality big up myself talking losers that i have ever witnessed .
It took 20 seconds to realise this guy is a chemistry killer and egomaniac .

Reply #154161 | Report this post

TFROTY  
Years ago

As rotate hinted at, I dont think his ability is the issue, more so his effect on team chemistry.

Reply #154162 | Report this post

Izzy  
Years ago

I remember when Wayne McDaniels stepped off a plane here many years ago. First thing he said was 'It will be a privilege for players to play with me.'
He turned out to be alright though and stuck around for quite a long time.

Reply #154164 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:53 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754