Anonymous
Years ago

NH: Pura Cup games: Why doesnt anyone go?

I've always wondered why nobody turn up to state cricket games? Obviously the Redbacks are getting flogged but it's the same interstate as well. One dayers are better but 4 day game a shocking crowd wise. I know lost of the game are on when people are working but it doesn't seem to make a huge difference on the weekends. Apparently there were 50 people at the last Redbacks 4 dayer! Redbacks results aside, why don't people right round the country go to state games?

Topic #13210 | Report this topic

billo  
Years ago

That's a bloody good question, it's pretty much the highest quality first class cricket on the planet besides internationals, I'm certainly planning on spending at least a day or 2 sunning myself in an empty Adelaide Oval this summer. For a sport that sells out Test matches consistantly it's ridiculous the drop off in support for the next tier down.

Reply #154215 | Report this post

4th Spazzy  
Years ago

Just goes to show how much money is involved at the national level and how much the national game supports the states.

Reply #154217 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Because the redback's owner has eleven sons!

Reply #154225 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

As an avid cricket fan and player i can tell you its because of the nature of the game. A 4 day game involving players that most everyday people dont know, its never exactly going to be big. Plus the Redbacks get no exposure cept bad exposure. Andy Delmont will be the savior of the redbacks batting.

Reply #154228 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

tickets are cheap to through district and grade clubs we get to buy a season ticket for $15 of which $5 goes to our club well worth money seeing it gets us in to ford ranger the pura cup and the redbacks vs international side games

Reply #154245 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

tickets are cheap to through district and grade clubs we get to buy a season ticket for $15 of which $5 goes to our club well worth money seeing it gets us in to ford ranger the pura cup and the redbacks vs international side games

Reply #154246 | Report this post

ShaneD  
Years ago

Why should I pay to go see the Redbacks lose when I am already paying good money to see the Sixers lose...?!

;-)

ShaneD

Reply #154270 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:18 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754