Anonymous
Years ago

Hemmerling has faith in team and coaches

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,22650896-5006371,00.html

"ADELAIDE 36ers owner Mal Hemmerling believes his club needs to pay more attention to defence to advance from its 2-5 NBL record.

But Hemmerling remains confident his Sixers will turn this Hummer Championship around.

Gold Coast tomorrow at the Distinctive Homes Dome would be a good place to start.

"I have great confidence in the team and the coaches," Hemmerling said last night in the wake of Adelaide's 82-100 road loss to the Kings in Sydney on Wednesday."

Topic #13253 | Report this topic

#  
Years ago

"I have great confidence in the team and the coaches,"

If they lose tomorrow, Smyth and Chappell gone Monday.

Reply #154739 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

It's like the standard kiss of death comment, isn't it?

How many coaches, over the years, do you reckon have lost their job within days of seeing/hearing their boss in the media saying "I have the utmost faith in [insert sucker's name here]..............."

Reply #154743 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just keeping media at bay.

Have heard he has very little faith actually.

Reply #154755 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great, two owners of Adelaide teams, one knows everything and the other knows nothing

Reply #154756 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Famous Words
Get the job do Phil - its as simple as ABC -
faith is one thing - but results is what everybody wants - come on phil the faithful are with you lets get the job done - true believer

Reply #154764 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Once the Chairman of the Board says Phil's job is safe, then I shout beers all round at the Dome... then it is only a matter of days.... bye bye!

Reply #154775 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I dont think Mark Davis has any say anymore does he??

Reply #154778 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Taxi for Smyth!!!

Reply #154792 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:44 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754