Images now on line.

Direct link:

http://tinyurl.com/2akgz7

www.yvonnemilbank.com

Topic #13278 | Report this topic

billo  
Years ago

Hi Yvonne,

I think it would be a good idea if you made a "best of" album for each game, the vast majority of fans would love to see your best 15 shots from a game but don't want to sift through 120+ every time. Perhaps include a "best of" and a an "all shots" album to accomodate all fans and prospective buyers.

BTW, what lens do you use for the games? 70-200 F2.8L IS?

Reply #155058 | Report this post

Yvonne  
Years ago

Hi Billo

Thanks for the feedback. I think that is a great idea and I will make a 'best of' for each game.

I use a mix of three lenses- 70-200 F2.8 IS (only used for the first time on the Blaze game; (my old lens was not IS); 24-70 F2.8 and my husband sometimes shoots with the 300 F2.8.

Reply #155060 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

I think it's great having the 'large' album there to see alot of the action. For a best of head to www.adelaide36ers.com they have approx 20 from each game.

Reply #155062 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The 'best of' on the 36ers site is usually added 1-2 days after the game.

Reply #155083 | Report this post

Yvonne  
Years ago

I have compiled a 'best 20' of the shots John and I took last night. We will try to make this a regular feature.

Direct link:
http://tinyurl.com/2fnzye

Such assessments are always subjective, so we would welcome any suggestions on other shots you think deserve inclusion.

Reply #155125 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Just sat through your best of slide show, very nice, less daunting that 120+ pics!

I'm heading to NY in about 3 weeks and am planning on picking up the 24-70 f2.8 and 70-200 f2.8 IS, intesting to see you've got both those lenses! Di you like them? They certainly produce really nice colours and sharp images in your album. Can't really justify the 300 f2.8 yet, but one of these days!!

Reply #155204 | Report this post

Yvonne  
Years ago

Hi Billo

Great choice of lenses. I have always been impressed with the 70-200 f2.8, and the IS version is certainly a step up. Very sharp and very quick focus. The 24-70 is great for the wide angle shots at basketball and is my main lens for weddings, corporate and family photoshoots. You have mentioned going to NY - are you going to purchase from B&H Photo and Video? Both John and I have bought photographic equipment from them (on line), including the 300 f28, and have been very pleased with their delivery (about 1 week from NY to Adelaide), and everything has arrived safe and sound, and is much cheaper than Adelaide prices, and has been especially so since the Aussie dollar almost matches the US dollar. I really would love to visit their store; they must stock almost everything a photographer could ever want - and there is always something new for us to spend our money on.

What camera do you have?

BTW - the 70-200 goes very well with the Canon 2X teleconverter.

Reply #155208 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Hey Yvonne,

yep, I've been salivating this week looking at the B & O website, can't wait to get there! I'm living in the UK at the moment and the prices on some things (70-200 f2.8 IS) are very close to half what you can get them for here, if I don't spend at least US$3,000 then I'm selling myself short!

I've got the 30D at the moment but planning on getting the successor to the 5D (7D?) later next year. The 24-70 won't quite be wide enough on the 30D but I think I can handle that for a while.

I suspected the 2x teleconverter would work nicely with the speed of the f2.8, would have been handy yesterday when I was shooting deer, 200 wasn't quite enough reach.

Reply #155214 | Report this post

Yvonne  
Years ago

Hi Billo

I use a 5D with both lenses and the colour reproduction from it is superb, especially for skin colours. Of course the almost 13 mega pixels does chew up cards very quickly, but the results are worth it. The wide angle shots from basketball are usually taken on the 5D (its draw-back at sport is the 3 fps). I wonder if the new model will improve on that? Being full-frame I do get the full benefit from the 24-70, but when I use the 70-200 I do get an advantage using it with the 1D Mk II with its 1.3 conversion for nature and wildlife shots.

I'd like to hear about your shopping experience in NY and your opinion on the lenses once you have given them a work out.

Reply #155272 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

billo, you got an email addy? Have some camera/photography questions for ya!

Reply #155290 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Bizzy,

Isaac would have it, feel free to get it off him and fire me an email. I'm a bit reluctant throwing it out into the world wide web!

Reply #155488 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Billo, can't remember what it is - send me an email and I'll pass it on.

Reply #155498 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:46 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754