Isaac
Years ago

David Barlow's 37 vs Breakers

David Barlow vs NZ Breakers: 37 points on perfect shooting - 14/14 FG (including 8/8 3P) and 1/1 FT.

Same game, Stephen Hoare had 17 points on perfect shooting also - 7/7 FG, 1/1 3P and 2/2 FT.

Possibility that Barlow's game might go down as one of the best displays of shooting accuracy in league history.

Topic #13284 | Report this topic

KingJames  
Years ago

Hopefully Barlow didn't have Oscar guarding him the whole game Isaac :P

Reply #155139 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

That was my first thought when I heard!

No mention of it on OzHoops from those at the game - said that Barlow wasn't just getting open looks, he was hitting pressured shots too.

Hopefully NZ are more consistent against the Dragons tonight.

Reply #155141 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Brilliant display... Deserves a spot on the national team.. was gonna start a thread about barlow's 37 but was too slow lol

Reply #155146 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gorj won't pick him, he left Sydney. Glad I have him in my dream team! Damn!

Reply #155195 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Darn right crazy!!

Reply #155201 | Report this post

DavidK  
Years ago

Sydney Kings should have done all they could to keep him. There huge loss is Melbourne's gain, honestly who can stop Melbourne for the next 4 years, probably no one.
How deep does Melbourne clubs pockets go?
14/14 not too many shots for 37 points. 8/8 3p's is just a class above.

Reply #155220 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

I guess his knee rehab went well... Great to see... in spite of his one really big faux pas in the last secs of the GRE game at the WCs last year i think he is one of the top prospects at the 2/3 we have going around now (especially with his size...)...

Reply #155232 | Report this post

flatshot  
Years ago

gorg had barlow penned into boomers b4 this game

Reply #155236 | Report this post

It's no Wilt Chamberlain, 18/18, v Baltimore, February 24, 1967

Reply #155254 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

ELG, Wilt would have hit each of those shots from within 1 foot of the ring. Are you really trying to downplay what is one of the most brilliant performances by an individual in Australian history?

Reply #155274 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

XY, surely you've noticed by now that ELG has a formula for nearly every post: Either take an achievement and claim it trumped by Wilt Chamberlain, or (in the event that that is not possible) consider the most popular position on a topic, and run with the exact opposite. ;)

Reply #155277 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

AFAIK the Kings did throw the world at him, but his desire to return to Melbourne (home town) apparently was simply stronger.

Reply #155292 | Report this post

Youve obviously not seen how chamberlain plays, XY. he scored on his man in a variety of ways, fadeaways, hook shots, finger rolls. he rarely powered through his man for a 1 foot shot

But im not downplaying. 14/14 from a shooter is unreal. I'm just trying to spread the love about Wilt

Reply #155294 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Hasn't Wilt spread enough love already?

Reply #155296 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Gold x 2 there Isaac...keep 'em coming.

Reply #155322 | Report this post

p.s isaac my goal is to do both of those things in the same post. My next post will incorporate both wilt and nothing to do with the thread title or any of the posts.

Reply #155373 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I'd say that you've just done that now... ;)

Reply #155379 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:55 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754