Player10
Years ago

whats going on with the 36es?

some things the 36ers need to do,
1) cut chappell,hes to slow,cant handle the ball,i rekon still carrying an injury,he would have been cut by now if he was on any other team i mean look at his stats its embarrassing for an import.
2) keep smyth, love him or hate him he is one of the best coaches going around, i mean nearly every player in the nbl wants to play for him,he just has to get his rotations right.
3) give ng more minutes ahead of sutton and copeland cause he is coming along well and the other 2 are not up to nbl standards.

Topic #13288 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

i give you 1.5 out of 3

Reply #155215 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Booooooring
C'mon everyone, change the fucking channel

Reply #155223 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

Just because every player seems to want to play FOR him, the thing is the ones he coaches don't seem to playing GOOD basketball for him! Its 36ers not 36es by the way!

Reply #155224 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry,

i am only giving you 1 out of 3.

Reply #155249 | Report this post

Dan  
Years ago

They should never have signed Chappell in the first place. What they needed was a guard, someone who could take the ball out of Maher's hands and guard the main opposition ball handler.

They need to get rid of Phil. Sure, he looks like a great coach when he has Maher, Mee, Brooks and a group of solid role players, but when the group isn't as good (players he chose, by the way) he seems incapable of getting a good performance out of them.

Worse, they are getting out-hustled and out-worked. Areas like rebounds and transition defence are killing them, as well as shot selection and turnovers. Are they the worst team in the league? Against the Kings they sure looked like it.

Reply #155333 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Dan, don't forget that they have (had) Davidson who does exactly what you specify - reduces some of the load on Maher and plays defense. I think they need an import who can score, is a bit of a slasher and plays some reasonably tough defense.

Anyone know when Davidson is due back?

Reply #155338 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

Isaac,
Davidson spoke upstairs after the game and said that he would be back this Saturday.

Reply #155403 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

After watching Saturday's game, I don't think I will ever watch another Sixers game until Smyth is gone! No offensive sets, it's a complete shamble! He simply does not have the balls to put players in their place and the inconsistency with time players are getting leads to players such as Dench chucking absolutely shite up! Sack Smyth and get a coach who knows how to get his team to play some D!

Reply #155581 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

It was not a pretty sight.
Anyways, I'll still go and watch Maher,Ballinger and Davidson play.
A bit of improvement from Mottram ,each week (after some 'clean out' surgery pre-season.
Chappell, shows signs of being good for a minute or so then no good, has got me curious to watch, what is happening there.

Reply #155599 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:59 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754