Anonymous
Years ago

How does the NBL increase crowds???

I just watched some old Bulls footage. They introduced the team in the dark with a spotlight and some decent music. A couple of strobes in the back ground to finsh the intro. It looked awesome and made the NBL look pissweak.

Why are the sixers management not doing something to make turning up to the game more exciting than watching on fox? Its not as though decent lighting and an exciting MC cost big $.

Topic #13290 | Report this topic

XztatiK  
Years ago

They put on a good little introduction show at the dome last year. It wasnt NBA standard but it wasn't bad. Dont think it would make a huge difference to the attendance. As far as Adelaide goes i think that thing called 'winning' would draw crowds better.

Reply #155239 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Fair point about the introduction but that was last year. How about next week and the week after that. Fans pay a lot of money and deserve to be entertained, even when the team isn't winning.

And yes, I know, the team winning would definitely help.

Reply #155241 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I don't think black-out intros make much of a difference to attendance levels to be honest. They are also not an option for Fox games I think.

Reply #155253 | Report this post

when i saw detriot v spurs (2004 or 05) NBA finals, game 7, final countdown blaring, lights go off 'Ben! WALLLLLLLLLLLLAAAACCCCCEEE!' that made me excited. Hell yeah! What an intro! epic stuff! in the nbl 'number 5 brett maher' or whatever, boring. even the ads on fox are boring. Carfino trying to be all homie. its just sad. i'm a bball fan and i don't even watch the NBL. thats how boring it is!

Reply #155257 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Unless your Brisbane, somehow Fox let them lights out for at least 2 games up their last season!?

It adds to the atmosphere but is unlikely to draw more people, may contribute (as the overall experience does) to getting people to come back each week if you were winning at least some games!

Reply #155268 | Report this post

Bonz  
Years ago

There's a couple of reasons we haven't gone for the blackout into this season.

The lights at the dome are the first issue. If they are turned off, they can not be turned on again for about 15 minutes and then they take about 10 minutes to obtain full brightness. So last season we only had the stadium fluro's on as before the teams were introduced on to court, then we would put the game lights on. The lights are due for an upgrade, but it's unlikely that will happen this season.

We felt that when individual intro's were done 20 minutes before tip off, half of the crowd misses out, so we've put them back to 3 minutes before tip off, when most people are there.

Isaac is correct about Fox games, they request that there is no blackouts.

We certainly try to mix things up with the entertainment, bringing in different things every week, D'Klinic, Stick Fighting, Gymnastics and there will also be an ABL 3-Point Shoot-out coming soon.

I hope that answers a few questions.

Reply #155286 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, the problem with blackouts for Fox is that most stadium lights 'warm up', they don't turn straight back on. If Brisbane can do it, it must be because theirs do. I know in Sydney when we've done it, even the first 5 minutes of the game are still being played in this funny twilight. Takes ages to get back up to 100%. No good for tv.

Reply #155293 | Report this post

Max  
Years ago

Adelaide 36er fans shouldnt be complaining about crowds considering you get the best crowds in the League. A good way to get fans to the game is to just win and get the crowd into it at the start..get them excited

chuck out free stuff like shirts and balls??

Reply #155431 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i think every team throws out free stuff into the crowd, and its always c*ap. that includes the shirts and balls.
how about we get some dancers who can actually dance? i know i dont enjoy watching 3 girls do a move at the same time while another 2 are 2 seconds slower and another 1 is a second faster. NOT ENTERTAINING
there is no entertainment value to an NBL game, whether its what the players are doing or what any other person being employed is doing

Reply #155474 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:57 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754