XztatiK
Years ago

Rashad Tucker anyone?

He was only given 6 minutes last night vs. Brisbane so he's bound to get cut soon.
While he is not the perfect import he is undoubtedly an improvement on Chappell. He's not a prolific scorer but he passes better than most PG's, rebounds very well and plays better D than Chappell. I also think he is the type of player who would benefit from the freedom of Smyth's disorganised coaching style. We only have to look back at his time with Perth to see what he's capable of.

Topic #13291 | Report this topic

Nino  
Years ago

NO

Reply #155238 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

no?

Reply #155240 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Nino,

Why No?

Do you rate Chappel over Tucker?

Reply #155242 | Report this post

The Minx  
Years ago

I wouldn't take either of them. I'd like to see us go with a new, young and exciting import. I think that will create some more interest among the fans and while there is the possibility of that import being a dud, you can't do much worse than what we have at the moment. Tucker is really not offering much for Cairns either, I don't see how it would be much of an upgrade.

Reply #155247 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No way. This came up in the off-season and many thought it was a bad idea then. Doubt they'll have changed their minds.

Reply #155252 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

So Isaac do u rate Chappell ahead of Tucker yourself?

Reply #155260 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think he's more likely to be a better team player. I don't have confidence in Tucker's work ethic.

Also, I think Cairns are on the brink of the points cap so, unless they can find another 9 point import, I can't see them cutting Tucker.

Reply #155264 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Tucker is not a team player.
I think Cairns will hang on to him, if any of their guns have an off night or if they get into a slump mid game, they can throw tucker and his one man offense in there to try to ignite something.

I don't think he is an improvement on Chappell, just brings different things to the table.

Phil needs to stop being afraid of failure, it is past that! Get out there find a young player with passion for the game, take a risk on someone. Perhaps he's too worried about finding someone to fit the team? The team is struggling maybe its time the team adjusted to a quality import?

Reply #155267 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Xztatik, you have got to be joking. Do you think the Adelaide 36ers are the Salvation Army Op Shop taking on every other team's hand me downs. I wouldn't swap him for Chappell as the world is full of more suitable replacements if we need one. Plus the comment on looking back at how he was with Perth, that is a problem that Adelaide has with other players, resting on their previous abilities.

Reply #155270 | Report this post

flatshot  
Years ago

phil needs to get some balance in that -get someone with more hair- with coops dench and ballinger on court the reflections are killing us.

Reply #155279 | Report this post

Qlder  
Years ago

Groin injury lads.

Reply #155284 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Thanks Qlder - couldn't find anything in the Cairns Post about it last night or on the Taipans' site.

Reply #155285 | Report this post

Max  
Years ago

Im sick of the US Imports they are all the same-quick shooting or pgs who can drive to the hoop but dont always make the right decisions or cant shoot very well
To me the Razorbacks made a very good decision to get Matty Knight back from the US.. coz he is an aussie who knows aussie basketball and he knows how it works
Where the US Imports play is a whole different style based ON INDIVIDUALISM! Not teamwork e.g Carlos Powell

Reply #155434 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Team player or not, we need a scoring import (eg. Carlos Powell, Chris Williams)

I don't care if he doesn't play D (did Farley or does Chappell play great D anyway?), just as long as he scores 25+ points a night

Reply #155597 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:51 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754