Kriss
Years ago

Pigs will be Tough to beat!

I reckon WSydney will be tough to beat this time around.

The Sixers will have to start a lot better than what they did last time they played.

My Thoughts: If Coops Can Keep Horath Out of The Pain And Maybe keep him To 15-8 I reckon The Sixers Will Win.

P.S. FIRE UP FOR A BIG ONE WILLY!!

Topic #1333 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Surely Trahair has to be due for a decent game this weekend? He's had about 8 shockers in a row.

Reply #15296 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

I guess you mean 8 shockers in a row, in seasons Isaac?? :)

I cannot remember the last time Trahair had an outstanding game.

Considering the quality of the imports sacked this week, I would suggest Trahair is very lucky not to be an import, he would have been sacked ages ago.

Reply #15319 | Report this post

ohboy  
Years ago

last time i saw trahair play well was at the OZ97 the world championships in melb where australia won gold in that team were brendan mann, bradley mckinnon, aaron trahair, jason smith, sam mckinnon, scott mcgregor, matt neilson, pepper, melmeth,

many of these guys showed so much potential somewhere that potential got lost or muted.

Reply #15321 | Report this post

Doctor E  
Years ago

Gee, I don't know. Most of those guys turned into very good senior players. The only ones that haven't are Brad McKinnon and Brendan Mann. Mann is ok though and McKinnon, don't know what happened but it wasn't lack of talent.

Reply #15322 | Report this post

ohboy  
Years ago

but doctore if you had seen trahair back then when he was playing for perth he seemed to have the ability to be the next brett maher, ricky grace, d-mac etc, he is and the others as you say are decent senior players. just trahair is a bit hit and miss as a player he has the ability just doesn't in my opinion lived up to the potential he had
my post did say lost or muted.

Reply #15323 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Brad McKinnon became best friend with a bong and has never looked back. Heard he has serious mental issues now as a result of smoking so much weed. If anyone ever saw him play juniors and saw the potential he showed in his first two seasons with the Sixers, this is indeed a tragic story.

True point guard. Never turned it over, looked to pass first and shoot second, and knocked down the open three. One of the quickest players around, and was barrel chested.

A bit like Simon Bennet, but heaps better.

West's ABA team with McKinnon, Willie Simmons, Blakemore, Scalzi, Matt Hughes, Marcel, - one of the best ever. Oh, and David Spear...

Reply #15324 | Report this post

Shaqdiddy  
Years ago

Pigs will be a tough team in Liverpool, but I think Adelaide are way to intimidating at home now. They've had a couple of close scares but this team is rolling!

I do stress though in West Sydney, it may be a different game all together than what the Sixers should be able to do to the Pigs saturday night!

Sixers must learn how to win consistantly on the road again.

Reply #15330 | Report this post

Doctor E  
Years ago

yeah 'ohboy' Trahair is the most disappointing of those that have made it to senior level.

Reply #15331 | Report this post

Jay  
Years ago

Any team with supposed talent like West Sydney and struggles to play to their best obviously has a heart problem. That is lack of one. Trahair out of shape takes the easy way out prefers to look good and lose, McKinnon over rated player. No superstar by a long way, NBA body no heart a supposed superstar does not come up with a donut against the sixers. He may have a bad game and pick up 8 or so but a donut? Give me a break. Sixers lose against them they should thumb a lift home. Give Dwight a bang and he goes straight for the safety of the 3 point line and McGregor is another one who is along for the ride. One in a team is to many, four of your main players time to use the axe. Sixers by the length of a furlong.

Reply #15333 | Report this post

The Coach  
Years ago

Maybe some people should leave other peoples private or personal issues PRIVATE!! The thing to be discussed is the sport not the personal issues behind the game. Im pretty sure this is not a gossip column

Reply #52275 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:34 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754