TR
Years ago

First official Kobe deal dead

Reports of a three way Kobe trade are being circulated. Proposed deal was with the Bulls and Kings. Deal is now dead, unsure as to who didn't want to play.

The basics of the deal was:

The Lakers would of acquired Ron Artest and Ben Wallace; the Kings would acquire Ben Gordon and P.J. Brown, while the Bulls would get Kobe Bryant.

Reported on ESPN along with this link:

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/48894/20071031/three_way_kobe_trade_involving_kings_falls_through/

Topic #13352 | Report this topic

tmagz03  
Years ago

Also a new rumor from phoenix source

Phoenix send Shawn Marion to LA

Chicago send Ben gordon and other considerations to LA and Tyrus Thomas to Phoenix

La send Kobe to Chicago

Dont think it will go down though, i tried it on the ESPN trade machine and Chicago was 8 mil over the cap

Reply #155833 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

That 1st deal wouldve been awesome for SAC, i dont think they wouldve been the ones to reject that offer.

Reply #155838 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

TR......no way would i give up Kobe for Artest and Ben Wallace

That would make the Lakers worse than what they are now

Reply #155839 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

TR - the deal didn't go through as Ben Wallace used a no trade clause I believe.

Reply #155844 | Report this post

Disco  
Years ago

I thought kobe had the only no trade clause in the NBA

Reply #155845 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Same here - it's often reported that Kobe had the only "no trade" clause. Perhaps Wallace has a massive trade-kicker that if activated made the deal unworkable?

Reply #155847 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

The problem is the Lakers have noone but Kobe who can score the ball night in and night out, so whoever they get for him...they will still have this same problem unless they can get alot of offense in return.

Reply #155851 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Word is there is also a possibility of a LAL - Wizards trade, sending Agent 0 and Blatche for Kobe - Apparently they need KB to ok it though.

Reply #155854 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Kobe won't go to the wizards. He wants to contend.

Reply #155856 | Report this post

frog 75  
Years ago

ben wallace and ron artest on the same team?? yikes, theres trouble

Reply #155858 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

KB has probably the best contract ever -

Max Contract
15% Trade Kicker
No Trade Clause
Early Opt-Out
Can take 70% of his salary for the coming season up-front.

So basically he controls where he plays, who he plays for and when he gets paid.

Reply #155860 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

For me this is the distasteful side of pro sports: if you're a life-long Lakers fan and season ticketholder who's plunked down your hard-earned because you like watching Kobe play 41 times a year, these machinations and swirlings can't be making you feel good. For Kobe to bolt after after playing 2 or 3 games would be cold IMO - but that's the way it works these days.

Good article on the 'lie in the bed you've helped make' theory which compares Bryant's situation to that of Duncan's here.

Reply #155865 | Report this post

Rex Hunt  
Years ago

Wow Bizzy, KB is certainly doing well. I had no idea Wollongong paid its assistant coaches so well.

Reply #155869 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Chicagi, Pleeeease don't give up Ben Gordon.

Reply #155875 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Umm - Lose Wallace and Gordon for Kobe? Everyday of the week and twice on weekends. Chicago become legit contenders immediately and for the next 3 years subject to cap considerations

Reply #155881 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I also thought that the only player with a 'no trade' clause was Kobe.

LA gets screwed in that deal, no way Artest and Wallace is compensation for Kobe. Wallace is fading fast and Artest, hell, he'd do a Cousins on the streets of LA and go missing.. The Lakers are going to have to discount, but not that far.

Can't see a LA-Wiz trade. Kobe wants to play for a contender, and Kobe/Jamieson/Caron doesn't contend. Plus, Jamieson came out today saying he believes this will be his last season in Washington.

On ESPN today, Cuban shot down a Kobe trade.

Reply #155882 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

Bo .. would that be similar to us plunking down your hard earned, only to see the travesty that is "the 6ers" this season ?!

And for those saying who will score on the Lakers if Kobe leaves - well, you suddenly have guys that are ALLOWED to shoot, so they WILL score .. dont see a problem really.

Reply #155890 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

One of the the reasons the Bulls trade didn't go down is because KB won't go to the Bulls without Deng.

After the Bulls lost today, do you think they might be a bit more leanient about what they are willing to give up?

Reply #155891 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Hope so Biz, but only first game of the season...

Please do not give up Deng, Chi town...please...

Reply #155898 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

washington gm also shut down washington deal

Reply #155926 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

Melvin if you think the lakers have a single player on their roster capable of carrying any kind of significant scoring load besides Kobe and Odom then you are kidding yourself mate.

Reply #155955 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Looks as though Paxson has shut down trade discussions too unless Kobe waives the no trade clause in his contract.

Reply #156026 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:57 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754