Dominic
Years ago

Best point guard - Phillips or Marino??

With much anticipated return of Erin on Sunday for the Lightning just wondering what peoples thoughts are on who is better point gaurd and why?
My opinion is that if the game is on the line then Erin gets my vote - it is going to be interesting when Phillips is fully fit. Marino deep down would not be happy about Erins return.

Topic #13370 | Report this topic

bevan hicks  
Years ago

she might get the owner to sack her so the court time is not challenged.

Reply #155930 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Phillips

Reply #155934 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Phillips...I can't even believe this question is being asked....

Reply #155936 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Phillips.. EASY

Reply #155938 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Phillips by a mile, i also cant believe this question

Reply #155939 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

phillips

Reply #155942 | Report this post

cantbeserious  
Years ago

phillips...

Reply #155943 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

phillips by far

Reply #155944 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Marino....

Just joking!

Reply #155947 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Marino is the most selfish individual, and cant organise under presure.Ask anybody that has ever played with her including her NZ national team mates, Watch your back Erin if she does not get her own way.

Reply #155948 | Report this post

easy  
Years ago

who plays WNBA ?

who was in the world championship winning OPALS team?

who would be getting more offers to play in Europe next season?

think you will find Erin in Europe next WNBL season anyway...

CSKA or Spartak etc or even korea? gotta make hay whilst the sun shines.

the only hope of seeing Erin in Adelaide is her strong family ties.

Cause she will be in Connecticut after this as well (after the olympics as well)

great just to see her hitting the court again.

Reply #155953 | Report this post

Big Kahuna  
Years ago

Thanks for your input Chris #155945. (haha just kidding) Erin is by far! Just see how goes on Sunday being first game back. Don't want to over do it then be out again.

Reply #155975 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Dominic, simple question...

Did your mother tell you crack is bad????

Reply #155977 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

I concur: can't believe someone would ask this question.

Reply #155983 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Did Vince or Vicky start this thread???

Reply #155990 | Report this post

are you kidding  
Years ago

Phillips by a country mile! Marino is very daddy lucky to be there...

I pitty the person she ends up with, always looking over his/her shoulder, watching out for Vince!

Reply #156004 | Report this post

Sween  
Years ago

I understand why someone would. If someone wished to ellicit nasty responses indirectly to an individual, you could make a tenuous link inviting comparison to spread your cancer.

Reply #156008 | Report this post

i love my bball  
Years ago

loser who started this just wanted to reignite the debates. dont pay any attention to hit.

Reply #156018 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no brainer - phillips

Reply #156024 | Report this post

realist  
Years ago

The hate debate reincarnated. What is the purpose of this thread? Go and support the girls, put the past behind. Chris's followers - go under the rock and stop popping up. Don't like it go and support some other team.

Reply #156028 | Report this post

Moose 74  
Years ago

over the past 12 months, i'd have to say Marino. The 12 months prior to that, Phillips.

Reply #156029 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

is the person who started this thread on drugs?

Reply #156032 | Report this post

you idiot  
Years ago

Pretty silly question...obvious attempt to get people to slag Marino. Grow up Dominic!

Reply #156057 | Report this post

Dominic  
Years ago

Sorry if some of you think this is an attempt to slag off at a player... not my point at all. There are two excellent players that both play the same spot and it is complicated by the way the team is influenced by the owner. It seems the majority believe Phillips is the better player (presumedly based on talent) and I would like to think that is how player selection is made. I have my doubts that this is what will transpire?

Reply #156081 | Report this post

realist  
Years ago

Dominic,

Just go away and never come back. Your bull... is no longer required. Some crap has its limits and yours has expired while ago.

Reply #156102 | Report this post

Dominic  
Years ago

Ouch, realist???

Reply #156120 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

let the coach decide he he he

Reply #156137 | Report this post

Adelaide Fan  
Years ago

A bit harsh realist.... Didn't your mother ever tell you if you haven't got anything nice to say about someone then don't say it at all?

I think it was a good topic and got a few people talking..

Anyway to answer the question Phillips by a country mile. Can't wait to see her in action tomorrow.... She has been training awsome....

Reply #156140 | Report this post

realist  
Years ago

To all you wingers out there. The question was very provocative in the first place and the only reason for the topic was for all of the snipers to come out and try to do the dirty on one person. Very gutsy. You should all be proud for lowering yourselves into the gutter. The Team is well above people like you so put the past behind and look into the future. Eventually everything inside the team will sort itself out, however your nasty comments do not help one iota.
Go Lightning.

Reply #156146 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Realist you must be absolutey blind, because there is one person in this team that is DIRTY and will operate out of the gutter to get what she wants. This has been the case in every team that she has ever played on,FACT!!!!

Reply #156163 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Unfair comparison.

Phillips by a mile.

Angela can shoot, but seems a little too physically soft when she needs to be strong.

Reply #156185 | Report this post

Snotty nosed brat  
Years ago

Erin by daylight to Marino.

As if you even needed to ask.

Prediction: Erinn to leave Adelaide as soon as her contract expires!

Reply #156193 | Report this post

realist  
Years ago

Anon,
What you are saying might be the fact, I do not question that. What I am saying is  enough was said over past weeks. Let it go, let girls play and concentrate on winning instead of fuelling this controversy. It is not healthy at this time in the season to carry on the same topic over and over again. Guys, I thought the holy inquisition days are over. Next year everyone will be a touch wiser and will have a clear understanding of what goes on and then either choose to be a party to it or not.

Reply #156209 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

It is very clear to me that Realist is either a Marino family member or on their payroll.

Reply #156230 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

PHILLIPS!!! PHILLIPS!!! PHILLIPS!!!

Reply #156296 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Phillips! also she is 10 times better looking as well

Reply #156297 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who cares who is better, How about this. What if Marino (a quality guard) was brought in to fill the hole left while Phillips was injured. Now that Phillips is fit she gets her spot back as a starter. Marino will stay because of her obvious connection to the club and state even though she knows Phillips will get more court time. The lightning have 2 quality players, a great back up for Phillips, what team would turn that down. Vicki will control the team selection. Decision to dump Lucas looks ok so far. Think outside the hoop for a change and let the issue rest.

Reply #156564 | Report this post

Puppet?  
Years ago

"Vicki will control the team selection"

You are kidding I assume?

Reply #156586 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

You have two international point guards trying to gain more court time. I can't think of anything better to enable them both to improve. Training sessions between these two would be sensational.

Reply #156828 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:43 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754