Anonymous
Years ago

New Zealand Vs Brisbane (spoiler)

New Zealand just defeated Brisbane 127 - 126 in an exciting match. I wonder how we will go against New Zealand this weekend, anyone care to share their views.

Topic #13372 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

hmm that is a big win by the bullets. If they play like they did tonight i guess we will struggle to compete.

Reply #155956 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And Adelaide young gun Ryan Kersten showed why he was another up an comer that got away thanks to poor recruitment.

Made an impact off the bench in the 2nd quarter with 5 quick points, and a direct assist to a wide open layup.

Great job 6ers.

Reply #155960 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Well if we lose Smyth will say NZ are a quality side as they just beat the Bullets the other day! So he can breath a sigh of relief either way.

Reply #155961 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Very entertaining game.

Ryan Kersten did really well for the Breakers, even ran alongside Henare as an off guard for a while. 3/3 FG for 7 points and a couple of assists in 10-11 minutes.

Reply #155963 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And why the hell did we let him go? dammmm.

Reply #155964 | Report this post

Pasadena 46  
Years ago

I didn't see the game, but his stats line showed 10mins and 3 TO's on top of his 3/3 shooting.

Reply #155972 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Sixers to come out firing after Smyth makes them angry and they win by 20.

But more likely, NZ by 4.

Reply #155993 | Report this post

Cat 15  
Years ago

Well, obviously we didn't go for Kersten because we have those quality guards in Burdon and Sutton!
Hell even if we had gone for Kersten, the only time we would see him in action is when he would be doing lay-ups before the game and at half-time. Is it any wonder no young players want to play here?

Reply #156009 | Report this post

hooked  
Years ago

Standout game from dusty too... and i dumped him to the bench on my sportal team grrrr

Reply #156012 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"the only time we would see him in action is when he would be doing lay-ups before the game and at half-time. Is it any wonder no young players want to play here?"

Never have truer words been typed.

Reply #156020 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

XY, spotted in the paper Brad Davidson saying that some of the players have been sending each other "chin up"-style texts. Didn't sound too angry to me?

Reply #156025 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Isaac, to soothe the anger. If anyone should be angry to make an impact, it would be Smyth. Did you hear Joey's language in one of the timeouts? The success of the Bullets have been the serious approach the coach has shown.

Reply #156108 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Read the NBL article about Smyth's 700th game. Towards the bottom, Smyth talks about why he chose basketball over football and you'll see why he doesn't get 'angry' with the team (based on his personal experience).

A compromise is fine, IMO - Wright and Westover for example seem to take a balanced approach.

Reply #156177 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:12 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754