Dr Bullshit
Years ago

T-Mac against Utah (spoiler)

McGrady went for 47 today on 17-27 shooting to go with 11-14 from the stripe. This gave Houston a win over the much fancied Utah Jazz today.

Makes me wonder, is T-Mac a better player than previous years? He has always had the potential to be an amazing player but hasnt put it on the scoreboard. He has had 2 huge games to start the season (30pts 6reb and 4ass on day 1 of the season). Is this the start of an MVP worthy season or just a flash in the pan?

Topic #13375 | Report this topic

SVD  
Years ago

I think it maybe flash in the pan - Yoa was off for most of the 1st half.

I think I'm just upset cos I took Ray Allen instead of T-Mac in our fantasy league

Reply #156050 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

Utah had big problems guarding 2-guards last year, a lot of them had career games against the Jazz, and Brewer wouldn't cure that as he is still learning to play defence. It would be impressive if he did it against someone else, but not the Jazz.

And as SVD said, Yao was in foul trouble early and McGrady had to shoulder the scoring load.

Reply #156051 | Report this post

frog 75  
Years ago

tmac shud thrive in rick adelman's run n gun offense. off come the shackles of JVG's stagnant offense.

Reply #156055 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

47 is impressive against anybody me thinks!

He's been plagued by injury concerns over recent years.. can't quite remember what exactly but a debilitating back rings a bell.

Look for an MVP type season by him. He's offensively as good as Kobe when at full strength IMO

Reply #156058 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

"He has always had the potential to be an amazing player but hasnt put it on the scoreboard"

To be fair he did win the scoring title in 03 and 04, I'd classify that as "putting it on the scoreboard".

Reply #156109 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

I was thinking the same thing billo...

Reply #156116 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

42 40 point games in his career, this guy is better than pretty much everyone at putting the ball in the basket.

Reply #156136 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:57 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754