Isaac
Years ago

NBLers aiming for the NBA

"New Zealand Breakers import Mike Chappell has struggled in his debut for the Toronto Raptors in the Minnesota Summer League."

"Chappell misfired from the field, going 0-for-7 as the Raptors were defeated by NBA expansion team the Charlotte Bobcats 69-53."

"The Breakers star had just two points, two rebounds and one steal in the match in 19 minutes of court time."

---

"Cairns Taipans big man Chris Burgess has opened his stint with the Boston Celtics in the Summer Pro League in Orlando by helping his team to an 86-69 win over the New Jersey Jets." (Ed: Nets?)

"Wearing number 58 for the world famous Celtics, Burgess played 18 minutes for Boston and scored four points on two-of-four shooting."

"He also added three rebounds and one block despite being hampered by foul trouble which saw him rack up four personal fouls."

More at the NBL site.

Topic #134 | Report this topic

MW  
Years ago

Any news on how Neilsen is going?

Reply #1014 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No idea, sorry. Nothing on the Nuggets site. I heard something on OzHoops about him getting a second try-out, but that's about it.

Reply #1016 | Report this post

mark  
Years ago

there is a link to a real media clip of kevin freeman throwing down a nice alleyoop in one of the summer leagues.

http://www.nba.com/news/summerleagues2004.html

Reply #1118 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Freeman looks to be playing for the Pistons in their summer league.

I looked at some box scores to see how he's going:

20 minutes for 4 points (0/8 FG) and 9 boards.

20 minutes for 2 points (0/2 FG) and 6 boards.

17 minutes for 9 points (2/5 FG, wow, he makes a bucket!) and 3 boards.

18 minutes for 6 points (1/4) and 1 board.

29 minutes for 4 points (2/5) and 9 boards.

Overall shooting 5/24 = under 21%! Averaging 5 PPG and 5.6 RPG and started all 5 games so far.

Reply #1159 | Report this post

deak  
Years ago

... and remember, K-Free and Rip Hamilton were teammates on UConn's NCAA Championship team in '99 - i'm sure Rip would be putting in a good word for him. At this years Final Four, they were there together celebrating UConn's win. So i guess there's a strong possibility they could soon be teammates again.

Reply #1161 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:52 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754