Anonymous
Years ago

Despite the win Chappell needs to go!

How long are the Sixers going to persist with this guy? He is potentially the worst import in the league. A team in our position can not be carrying an import who is only scoring 8 points a game and playing very average defense! Make the change Mal and Phil!!!

Topic #13419 | Report this topic

Quasi  
Years ago

Agreed, he's had heaps of time and opportunity to prove himself

Reply #156413 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He cant get by anyone.

He has been forced into becoming a stand up shooter....who isnt shooting well.

Reply #156417 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

I was in the 'wait on Chappell, he will come good' boat. But now I agree that the club should be looking to other options.

Reply #156437 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I think even if he was averaging 20ppg and 10rpg we would still be in the same win/lose situation. I'd rather see Smyth go first, then see how the team performs and then decide whether to cut Chappell. If they were to cut him now and get another import into this same environment it would be like a bandaid fix. As after his first few excitement and motivational games his confidence and energy will fall to the same as Chappells in this current environment.

Reply #156466 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

XY - I concur

Reply #156467 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

KingJames, that hasn't held true for Ballinger though. I'd make a first move on the import spot.

Reply #156468 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

KJ, I don't agree, if Chappell was scoring 20 points per game, we would not necessarily be in the same win/lose situation. Several of our losses have been by less than the difference in his scoring.

Reply #156511 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Hell, if Chappell was shooting at 50% on the season we would have 3 more wins...

Reply #156521 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

If he played for Sydney, he would've been cut by now, his replacement would've been cut, the guy who signed his replacement would've played and been cut, and even then we'd still be under the salary cap.

Reply #156573 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Without Brett we are in big trouble, we are desperate for point scorers and even those that defended Chappel on this site weeks ago must agree he has to go and go quickly. Cant shoot, cant rebound. cant defend. Yes we need a new coach if that is not going to happen this season then we have add something to this team and wont lose anything by cutting Chappel and Dench. Give Dodman a go might even get a rebound or 2. Lots of good imports out there to replace Chappel

Reply #156597 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

It is pretty obvious to the majority of people on this site anyway that both Chappell and Dench should go. But we do not know what the financial ramifications of doing so now would be, and until we do understand the situation, we probably should not comment too much.
What is certain though is that these guys should be getting as few minutes as possible.
The performance of Dench last week was embarrassing and by the look on his face after half time, it was pretty certain to me that he knew he was in big strife.

Reply #156661 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

It is pretty obvious to the majority of people on this site anyway that both Chappell and Dench should go. But we do not know what the financial ramifications of doing so now would be, and until we do understand the situation, we probably should not comment too much.
What is certain though is that these guys should be getting as few minutes as possible.
The performance of Dench last week was embarrassing and by the look on his face after half time, it was pretty certain to me that he knew he was in big strife.

Reply #156662 | Report this post

Mute Mal  
Years ago

Reply #156663 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

LOL. Love it Mal.......

Reply #156694 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:19 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754