Dr Bullshit
Years ago

Durant a shoe in for ROY?

Well hes exploded out of the blocks with 3 quality games and as expected will (bar any injuries or something amazing happening) win ROY. I know its 3 games in but hes averaging 20 a game and i dont think ive ever noticed a season where teh ROY title has been sewed up so early.

And just quietly how bout those Bobcats!

Topic #13426 | Report this topic

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

Yeah - he looks good... But i am still gonna go with Al Harrington (long season - i think Durant will hit the wall harder and more easily that Al...)... Cats look okay - as do the supposedly rubbish Wolves (okay 0-2 but they have been in the hunt in all the games...)...

Reply #156498 | Report this post

frog 75  
Years ago

errr al harrington aint a rookie and thus is ineligible for ROY...

Reply #156504 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Must be thinking of Horford?

Reply #156506 | Report this post

are you talking about al horford buddy?

Reply #156507 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it has to be durant, the seattle offence is focussed around him, no other rookie has this advantage

rajon rondo for most improved?

Reply #156508 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Wild stab but Bynum for most improved..

Reply #156514 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

hahaha al harrington.

durant ROY

Turkoglu or Granger MIP

Reply #156515 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

think if given the minutes thornton from the clippers would put up a fair shake, went very well in pre-season and stayed in college for 3 years i think so he should be pretty solid.

Reply #156519 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

Whoops - I meant Horford...

Reply #156526 | Report this post

eddie42is  
Years ago

random thoughts
durant is awesome but no where near as good as my hero ray allen. bynum sucks also.

thats just my 2 cents

oh and Law for MVP.

Reply #156531 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

If there was an award for the guy that has made the biggest improvement in his conditioning - i'd say Al Harrington (this time i mean Al Harrington!!!) would give it a shake - he looks really sleek (the bubble butt is gone - yesteday watching the Jazz game for a moment i thought he was Jax - though i knew he was suspended...), he might even move into the elite combo forward echelon this season (if Nellie gives him the minutes - see article)... His jump from last season might not be big enough the get MIP though -since he played at a decent level last season as well...

http://www.insidebayarea.com/ci_7222816?source=most_viewed

Reply #156532 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Durant for ROY

A dark horse at the moment for Most Improved would be
Kelenna Azubuike of the GSW

He has elevated his game from 16 minutes to 34 minutes a game...and points are up from 7ppg to 20ppg

Reply #156547 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

AS for Al Horford........you gotta be kidding....6ppg in almost 30 minutes of ball

Crittenton of the Lakers is more of a show than Horford

It wouldve been good to watch Durant and Greg Oden go head to head for the ROY award

Reply #156548 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

eddie42is "oh and Law for MVP." u mean ROY?

and Bynum's a gun.

Reply #156552 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Umm, noone has noticed Yi?

Reply #156557 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Not with the "Black Hole", Redd on his team

He wont get the same amount of the ball as Durant

Bynum is improving.....be interesting to see if he can keep it up this season

Last season he started off like a rocket as well and faded after All Star Break

Reply #156558 | Report this post

frog 75  
Years ago

watch luis scola. hes the dark horse for ROY.

Reply #156560 | Report this post

*names obscure rookie and claims him as a dark horse*

Durants already got his name on it. Just like grant hill did.

Bynum or Aldridge for MI

Reply #156563 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

my money is on Durant, but I've got a sly $50 on Al Horford. The kid is gonna be good.

ahhh, ELG... I think you'll find that Grant Hill tied for rookie of the year with J-Kidd...

Reply #156569 | Report this post

BILLLY  
Years ago

ROY Write-up
Durant will get it, The reason for that is the amount of the offence that is ran through him, like an NBA version of Adrian Peterson.
He will be followed closely by Horford and Yi, Horford Is playing solidly, and Yi is getting better and better every game....i didn't think much of Yi before the season, but man can he play.

ROY Top 5
1. Kevin Durant - SEA
2. Yi Jianlian - MIL
3. Al Horford - ATL
4. Al Thornton - LAC
5. Acie Law IV - ATL

MIP Write-Up
My pick for MIP would be Kelenna Azubuike of Golden State, with close competition from Martell Webster and Ronnie Brewer. Both Have become efficient Players on there squads.

MIP Top 5
1. Kelenna Azubuike - GSW
2. Martell Webster - POR
3. Ronnie Brewer - UTA
4. Andrew Bynum - LAL
5. David Harrison - IND

Reply #156571 | Report this post

Jason kidd played better than GH, but because GH's name was already on it, they had to make another one. NBA was still corrupt back then too

Reply #156577 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

TR,

Your money is on Durant, but you have $50 on Horford??

Seems like your money is actually on Horford.

Reply #156585 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I won't tell you how much I've put on Durant but it's a lot more than Horford.

Durant is the money back (plus a little profit) bet, Horford is the make money bet. Got Durant at $2.75 and Horford at $6.50.

Reply #156588 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

ELG, you were about 9 years old then. Grant Hill was awesome in his rookie year.

Reply #156589 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

94/95 Season:

G.Hill - 20ppg/5ass/6rebs - 1.8 Stls

J.Kidd - 11ppg/8ass/5rebs - 1.9 Stls

Seems Hill was a desrving winner. Hard to make a conspiracy theory out of those stats.

Reply #156591 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

ahahahahaha...ohhh elg...haha...aha...

Reply #156602 | Report this post

Oh so stats are everything are they. Lets take away jordans scoring and what did he do

Reply #156628 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Don't start on MJ, don't forget defensive player in '87 ELG.

However I agree re the Hill and Kidd comments, it was a very loud rumour going around stating just what ELG has said.

Reply #156631 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

No, stats are not everything. But a complete game like Hill showed in his rookie year could arguably put you in contention for All-NBA, let alone ROY.

And what's the point i taking away Jordan's scoring? It happened, and he was the most dominant scorer of his generation while averaging 6 rebounds and 5 assists and making several all-defensive teams. I believe he led the league in steals on more than one occasion.

It's like saying "take away Camby's rebounding". Why? What's the point? It's a pointless discussion.

My point re: Hill is you probably never say a game in 1994/94 because you were watching Ducktales on Saturday morning Disney. Short of looking at old tapes, the best indication of the season that J-Kidd and G-Hill had is their stats. Hill had a complete game, much like Pippen. Many believe had he not been injured he would have the most triple doubles of all time.

Reply #156638 | Report this post

Run TMC  
Years ago

Frog 75,

With 2pts and 0 boards in 21 mins today Scola would be a pitch black horse at this stage.

Reply #156639 | Report this post

Max  
Years ago

I think Turkoglo will get MIP..they way he is playing this season is crazy
He is a great shooter..Anyway Durant is playin good, but he is taking alot more shots per game than any other rookie..
Lets wait and see..don't start saying he has it wrapped up after 3 or so games..The season is 82 games remember. A devastating injury and he could miss out on ROY..just like Oden

Reply #156655 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Only 6 rookies right now are getting over 20 minutes: Durant, Horford, Yi, Cook (Miami), Green & Williams (NJN)

3 are getting just below 20 - Navarro, Scola and Belinelli

Big names like Conley, Brandan Wright, Hawes, Thaddeyus Young, Brandan Wright, Noah (and of course Oden) have yet to play

Nick Young, Stuckey, Affolo, Julian Wright & Brewer are getting minimal minutes

So yes I agree Durant has one hand on the trophy but as you can see most of the rookies have yet to be even given an oppurtunity ... let's hold on for another month or so.

Reply #156658 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:38 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754