Anonymous
Years ago

New scoreboard at the Dome?

Isaac, is the dome still on track with the new scoreboard cube to be installed by mid dec.?

Topic #13444 | Report this topic

Bizzy  
Years ago

Short answer No!

Reply #156760 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why not???

Reply #156762 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Money may have been wound back in the short term.

Reply #156765 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I Hope Mal sends out newsletters to all season ticket holders stating what the problem is cause im pretty sure i got a letter promising this new cube and that it was already ordered and shipped to adelaide??

Reply #156767 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

There appear to be a lot of broken promises this year don't there!

Reply #156800 | Report this post

gh  
Years ago

Yeah and John Howard said there would never be a GST under his government.

Reply #156801 | Report this post

Me  
Years ago

Why doesn't Eddie pay for the scoreboard?

It's definately his Venue and more then likely his team.

Reply #156810 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

The scoreboard HAS NOT been scrapped copmpletely, rather the time it will be installed has been pushed back.

Reply #156814 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

I really don't care about the scoreboard, just love to see better performances on the court.
And GH, not a good idea to involve politics on this site.

Reply #156824 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spinner, the broken promise that let me down the most was the promise (in a letter to fans pre-season) we would get an exciting new import that the league hasn't seen before.

Reply #156849 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I spoke to Mal after the game on Sat night and asked him about the scoreboard. As far as I understood the scoreboard has arrived but he said they needed a window of about 4 weeks where there were no games for them to build and erect it. Whether that means it will be up and running by mid December as promised I dont know? At a guess I would say it will be up and running by Sat 12 Jan's game against Sydney?

Reply #156850 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

4 weeks, man i should have put a Tender in for that contract, get that puppy up in less than 2 weeks!!

Reply #156881 | Report this post

lion tamer  
Years ago

all I know is the current score board was broken for Tuesday nights Div 1 games. this and the fact that the stand is broken and wont roll back.

what next termites!!

Reply #156931 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The new shot clocks look awesome anybody know who got the contract to build the cube?

Reply #156961 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bob the builder.

Reply #156965 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

The kids at ABC centres are making the cube out of cardboard. I feel sorry for the poor sole that has to sit up there during games to write the score on the cube with a pencil. (he hasn't got his pen licence yet)

Reply #156998 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:45 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754