EC
Years ago

NBL fines Bullets $6,000

There is an article in the NBL website stating that Bullets' Head Coach Joey Wright was fined $1,000 and General Manager Jeff Von Groningen was fined $5,000 for public comments made after the Sydney/Brisbane game.

I just wondered if in the history of the NBL, such complaints have been investigated and resulted in a replay of the match due to errors found in officiating. Whilst I thoroughly agree with the fines because it creates a harmful impression on the league, the fact that a risk would be taken in making these comments should imply that there was something seriously wrong with the officiating. There was no mention about investigating these complaints. Whilst the fines should stick as it is a separate issue to that of the outcome of the game, an investigation needs to be undertaken and if errors found, a fair solution found. Clubs at this level, put millions of dollars and hard work into making their clubs successful. Their success or lack thereof is answerable to all their supporters. No detriment to that should be brought on by the offiating.

When it comes to dealing with matters of contention, I have found the NBL to be quite weak in their approach and solution finding process.

Topic #13472 | Report this topic