alloverdat
Years ago

Most bias commentary ever!!!!

Did anyone else listen to the commentary during the kings/tigers match???

That was the most bias commentary towards the tigers I have ever heard in a match before. I thought the commentary for the breakers games were bias, or even the refing in the last kings/tigers grand final series. But Gaze and Carfino couldn't suck up the tigers a**'s anymore last night.

Kings totally outplayed the tigers in the 2nd half. Yet everytime Carfino said something for the kings (rare but it happened) Gaze would snigger, sigh, say "oh" or disagree. When Carfino said "Unbiased commentary here at Fox Sports" I nearly fell off my chair.

Corletto's punch on Smith - apparently Smith's fault coz he got him with a cheap one.......WHERE??? - I sure couldn't see it.

Horrible game to listen to. Horrible.

And man I hate Anstey!!! Wants the refs to call games in more of a European style - i.e. let the play go and not call as many fouls. But then complains everytime he gets/doesn't get a call. Total W*nka!

And comments on Hoare, raving on about him like he is Jordan or something....HE IS A BENCH PLAYER and nothing that special!!!!

Sorry everyone, I just REALLY HATE the tigers.

Topic #13487 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ease up. If you wanna have a go people complaining to referees, you need to look at the tears the Jason ('hitler mo') Smith sheds on almost every call.

Reply #157360 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

I saw Smith get first high contact in on Corletto....was very clear

Reply #157384 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

yer smith got one in first, and i dont think corletto ever 'punched' smith.

i agree with you on stephen hoare though, gaze went a bit overboard eg. "Somebody PLEASE tell me why that man's not in the australian team!!!"

...he's still better than Bradtke.

Reply #157561 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I'd really like to have one Stephen Hoare on the 36ers bench. He'd teach our whole bench a thing or two.

Back to back 6th man of the year.. I'd say he'd start for the majority of NBL teams.

Reply #157563 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Smith got Corletto first

Carfino asked Gaze if you think Hoare should be in the Boomers Squad why isn't he starting then?

awkward silence as Gaze stumbled for an answer.

Reply #157566 | Report this post

hithere1  
Years ago

I saw smith get his arm accross the shoulder of Corletto but only to try and back him down, nothing in it. Corletto then wrapped Smith up and did go for the right hook over his shoulder haha. Corletto has always been a bit of a weasel though. Not much of a player.

Also Smith was an idiot getting those techs but, Sydney definitely didn't need them but it really didn't look like he was yelling or abusing the refs, he actually looked quite calm. So I dont think there were any tears like another post said. He certainly wasn't stomping his feet around and yelling like Anstey. Tigers are always pretty protected though.

Commentary was pretty biased. Gaze was obvious. Carfino lightened up on it a bit at the end.

Reply #157568 | Report this post

Sween  
Years ago

I only half caught the Dmac press interview after the game but words to the effect of....as a player, if you cant handle that kind of physical play, then dont turn up.
A brilliant message that invokes Choppper.

This and the kings v Bullets game add to the interest of high standard ball IMO. A bit of passion, a bit physical no one hurt.

Most annoying IMO is someone whining, looking for an out.

Blaming the refs - soft.

Taking verbal pot shots at other coaches and players in all other forms of media likewise.

Make like Dmac; dignity after battle and harden the proverbial up.

Reply #157580 | Report this post

lovesthedunk  
Years ago

hahaha great call sween

Reply #157625 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:40 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754