Celtic Pride
Years ago

Early Season NBA Form

What are people's thoughts on the first couple of weeks of the NBA. The Celtics are off to their best start since No. 33 was in the line up. I know everyone thought thye would be contenders in the East but they certainly have flown out of the blocks.

The Rockets look the goods early too.

How about Chicago? 1-5
and Golden State? 0-5

How long will Sonics fans have to wait to see some rewards. Durant seems to be going OK but at 0-6 will they need another top 3 pick to be contenders in a few years?

Kobe and the Lakers - are they destined to finish 7-8 again and lose in the first round?

How about Bogut - there hasn't been much talk of him this year his numbers seem OK but is he getting better and can he be a future All Star?

I know its early but its still good to speculate.

Topic #13497 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bogut got owned by Yao (stats wise) last game.
What about Denver, could be a dark horse?

Reply #157586 | Report this post

Celtic Pride  
Years ago

Denver SHOULD be a dark horse but I'm yet to be convinced that their talented roster can translate to on court success.

Reply #157589 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Between Port Adelaide, The Redbacks, The 36ers, and now the Bulls, I don't think I want to follow sport anymore....

Garnett unstoppable at the moment for the Celtics!

Reply #157590 | Report this post

Celtic Pride  
Years ago

"Between Port Adelaide, The Redbacks, The 36ers, and now the Bulls, I don't think I want to follow sport anymore...."

Yes, but think back to 2004 (Port), 96 (Redbacks), 86, 97-98, 02 (Sixers) and 91-93 and 96-98 (Bulls) and re-assess your decision. The other option is to follow the 07 election campaign.

Reply #157601 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Was just crying into my Weet Bix Celtic Pride..

Has just been a tough year..

Come on Chi Town!!

Reply #157624 | Report this post

mark  
Years ago

Denver wont be a dark horse, they will be cannon fodder for the real contenders in the West. When your best two players barely play any defense you are going to struggle in the playoffs.

There are a number of quality PGs coming through in the next draft, if the Sonics can pick up one of those, they should be looking good in a few seasons.

The Bulls seem quite unsettled by the constant Kobe rumours.

Reply #157650 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

dallas are playing some good team hoops
i really want to see boston do well
hope chigaco gets going
atlanta is a dark horse

dont really care for bogut,
but Yi's playing well considering

as for that power supporter, suprised you've even
got internet access, you at centrelink or something
mate?

Reply #157664 | Report this post

Fill Smythe  
Years ago

Celtic Pride, love your work. Lets hope they can be consistent over the season.

Reply #157697 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:27 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754