booga
Years ago

look a like refs

was at pasadena friday night when i noticed McLovin reffing on court 2. so i wondered what other famous refs are there i mean i know we have humpty dumpty and u can't go past old school paddle pop lion/ cave man. i know last season pas also had david "the gay farmer" from big brother doing games last season are there any other ones out there?

Topic #13504 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

You really do not have anything else to do??

Reply #157737 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ned Flanders at Pasadena (I think Pasadena at least)

Reply #157738 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But its funny!! How can you take a guy who looks like and acts like McLovin seriously ???

Reply #157771 | Report this post

Phantom  
Years ago

Af ew years ago there was a guy that reffed out at Pt Adel and he looked like a drunk version of "The Voice" himself John Farnham.

Reply #157780 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jay Peterman from Seinfeld at Pasadena.

Reply #157784 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

a hairy danny devito at mars

Reply #157790 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Woody Allen at Mars and from it.

Reply #157818 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jackman + Lawrence = Hot Air Balloon

Reply #157822 | Report this post

Ms Anonymous  
Years ago

ohhhhhhhhhhh you'll all wear tech fouls when they work out who you all are.

Right Jackman?? :)

Reply #157823 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

or call the game off like he did tonight

Reply #157826 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

Al Bundy used to umpire at Elizabeth

Reply #157836 | Report this post

boo hoo  
Years ago

if we didnt have players that are pussy weak animals, we would not have this discussion.
if you dont like the refs we have how about you get a whistle and do the game yourself.
if you wont us to treat you like and U/10 player we will.

we give up our time to ref your game, we dersevre as much respect as you do. if you dont give us respect well you will be seeing the door.

if you dont like a call and we give u an answer it, well still shit learn to wear it, if not you will see the door.

learn the ADVANTAGE rule, and the rest of the rules before telling us the rules, just a little hint.

Reply #157842 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

There's the teletubby at Hillcrest, the guy from Revenge of the Nerds at MARS (who attempted one time to THROW OUT the dad of a girl who had just dislocated her shoulder!), and Sideshow Bob at Wayville...

Reply #157844 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Toughen up boo hoo!

just having a laugh fer christ's sake!

Reply #157845 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

this thread is great. I have noticed a ref in the NBL lately that looks like Freddy Mercury. He has a sex offenders mo and and a lego man haircut.

Reply #157846 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I believe boo hoo would be referring to booga's post about a game being thrown out. Because the post doesn't look like its referring to who ref's look like.

Reply #157847 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

157846, is he the guy who did the Breakers-Slingers game last week?

Reply #157854 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i agree with boohoo, refs from every where are getting sick of the bull shit we get from players.
it about time you toughen up. not saying you cant ask question, but it stupid to get to the pooint of getting kicked out. that just shows your a dick head and wont the attention.

Reply #157862 | Report this post

One and the same?  
Years ago

boohoo = if you wont us to treat you like

anon = i agree with boohoo.....a dick head and wont the attention

Hmmm. Two guys who spell want wont? I doubt it.

I call boohoo = anon.

Reply #157863 | Report this post

Jerry Espinson  
Years ago

Andy Filmer looks like Uda from the simpsons (the little fat german kid... dont chase me im full of chocolate!!)

I think we can move this topic around a little. We're talking about things refs look like right... well lets... expand.
I was at the dome friday night and i saw a bloke on a Woodville bench who looked alomst like a coach... it was BOOGA!!

Reply #157869 | Report this post

Dee-Mak  
Years ago

Great thread!! Paddle Pop Lion was a classic... could never understand a damn word he said, he seemed like he was drunk every game... Jackman is good value, he is a crack up! !..with those rosy red cheeks, he looks like Mr Plod the cop from Noddy and friends , Ive been t'd up by him before for calling him a happy little vegemite .. and try and talk to him and he quacks like a duck! I would love to see some of his stats as to how many games has he called off? , how many techs/ejections has he dished out? and how many reported players etc.

Reply #157882 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

thats ok jerry there was a guy(i think) who wore a grey shirt who was almost a ref. i was so suprised he was able to remove himself from the land of promise

Reply #157886 | Report this post

afroman jnr  
Years ago

boo hoo, seriously who cares, im a ref to i get alot of shit, this is for fun tho, even i laughed at these, there not saying anything bad. and everyone knows jackman would tech u anyway.

seriously stop being paranoid and have some bloody fun

Reply #157892 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

remembered one for the older people here... does any one remember humbolt the clown that was on a show(not sure of name) with patsy bisco? i reackon there use to be a humbolt look a like that use to umpire at athol park(i think) can any one remmber him?

Reply #157916 | Report this post

Jerry Espinson  
Years ago

Hmmm.... titty bar. Well since the girls are only there on wed thurs and fri night, can you please come over saturday so we have something to look at :)

Reply #157988 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

scarface at port adelaide, sideshow bob at wayville,

Reply #157989 | Report this post

Jerry Espinson  
Years ago

I saw somebody off a tv show the other week at the dome. Booga, can you help out which character it was.....

Reply #157990 | Report this post

Jerry Espinson  
Years ago

scarface.... im so setting me daughter up with him... Hot!!

Reply #157991 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

jerry i'm guessing u saw denny crane playing the part from "some mothers do 'ave them"

Reply #158007 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Paddel pop lion was also called the lumber jack back in the day, he also looks like martin bryant. As for BOO HOO you get paid for what you do so shut up and get on with it.

Reply #158062 | Report this post

10 92  
Years ago

#157822 - Hot Air balloon comment...gold! bhahahaha

Neil Poulton could look like hitler if he grew the right moustache...

Adam Alderman looks like the other bloke from Superbad too...

Reply #159150 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:13 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754