Nick
Years ago

Damian Martin Out For Season

Bad news for the Razorbacks: Damian Martin will miss the remainder of the season after suffering a torn cruciate ligament on Saturday against the Gold Coast. Such a shame for a team that has been doing such a good job of turning things around.

Full Story at: http://nbl.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=72978

Topic #13506 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Agree that it's a real shame. I think this year was more about rebuilding the roster and fan faith in the team than anything so I think, in that regard, they've already "won" to some extent.

Have yet to see them play, but from what I've read, Martin epitomised their game - just going at 110%, playing defense, creating a unit that's better than just the sum of its parts.

In a season largely devoid of big surprises (Bullets dropping a few games is about as surprising as its been otherwise), the Pigs' resurgence is one of the season's top stories.

Reply #157739 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

No disrespect to Martin but the pigs are a better team with Troy DeVries at SG anyway, he's averaging 18ppg already playing only half of games, he should have a good second half of the year.

Reply #157798 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Enabled them to play more intense defense from what I've read of their games. I still think it could hurt them a bit.

Reply #157800 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:20 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754