rotate on this
Years ago

FOXTEL and NBA - same boring teams .

Who ever runs the programming department for the NBA on foxtel need to use some imagination and give the paying viewer some god damn variety .

It is all LAKERS , boring as bats..t . SPURS , great team but boring . MIAMI , boring , DALLAS not that riveting , DETROIT , zzzzz .
Look i know these are the big franchises blah , blah but how bout some UTAH , NEW ORLEANS , ATLANTA , INDIANA , MEMPHIS , ORLANDO , TORONTO , ANYBODY ELSE .

Would it be a cost issue or is all about mass appeal ?

Topic #13513 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Foxtel show what their conterparts in the US televise.

Foxtel in Australia have zero control over the teams that their US contracted networks choose to televise in the US.

Reply #157821 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wouldn't mind seeing some Orlando or Seattle games

Reply #157824 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

they should do what they do with the soccer and have the viewers choice thing, cant be that hard usually fair few games on

Reply #157825 | Report this post

ref 23  
Years ago

Later this month they r showing the Cavs VS Celtics match which might be a ripper.

Reply #157827 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

cavs are no good to watch apart from james

Reply #157828 | Report this post

D16  
Years ago

Espn usually show a live feed of one of their televised games twice a week while fox sports usually has the second TNT game on Fridays (Thursday in the US) and either a NBA TV game or a local station game.

Last week Espn International decided to show Suns v Heat which was taken from another tv station (you could tell the commentators were not even in the stadium).

I guess they show alot of Spurs, Heat, Suns, Dallas, Lakers and Cavs games because they are (with the exception of the heat) up there as the best teams and have a wider appeal (Shaq and Kobe would probably be the best two know players to a person who doesn't follow the NBA).

I personally would like to see more Celtic and Magic games.

http://www.nba.com/schedules/international_nba_tv_schedule.html

Link above takes you to the Global NBA schedule, then click on Australia.

Reply #157829 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

LAKERS BORING!!.. did i hear right?? Bro you have lost my respect!

Reply #157830 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its simple...

Lakers - Kobe
Cavs - James
Spurs - International
Heat - Wade/Shaq
Dallas - Who knows!

They really pay no attention to teams etc.

Reply #157831 | Report this post

The Hamma  
Years ago

"Dallas - Who knows!"

Hmmmm best record last season and the MVP I think that might be reason enough

Reply #157832 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

Sorry - Kobe for MVP , did i have your respect to lose ? As much as i think Kobe is a great player and the Lakers a solid team i just feel 3 out of the 4 games in a televised week is a bit much and they just don't excite me , sorry bro.
Also , forgot to mention the CAVS . bron bron bores me to death . If only the hoop was as big as his head he may be able to hit a free throw .
CELTS be good to watch for sure .

Reply #157833 | Report this post

D16  
Years ago

Unless Kobe fires big time and they are playing a decent team then watching the Lakers week in week out is real boring.

Reply #157835 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Hey Anon #157824

Why the hell would u wanna watch a Seattle game

0-7........or are u so outta touch with the NBA that u think they still got Kemp & Payton...lmao

Reply #157837 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

It doesn't seem to matter what foxtel do.. you'll also still have a whinge.

"More games".. so we have 3-4 a week at the moment.. so
"the games they are putting on are crap".. so in a few weeks time the teams might be a bit different. then, no doubt something like
"the commentators suck"
"it's not available on widescreen"

I say we're doing pretty well right now

Reply #157855 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

You beat me to it Lockstock!!! You guys were probably the same group whinging that you don't have enough games shown now you whinge what games they show!
I'm not saying they are showing possibly the best games but they need to appeal to the wider audience which is more than just a couple of punks in Oz! Although you may think San Ant and the Lakers are a bit boring, appreciate them for what they do, San Antonio are the defending Champs and have the best defensive team (Do you know what Defense is???) and Lakers have one of the best if not the best player and one of the smartest coaches, who won 3 in a row not that long ago, yet you want to watch some teams that are not even making playoffs! I bet you if they showed more than two games of those teams you mentioned you would start complaining about watching shit teams!

Reply #157856 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are you guys serious?

at the moment we are getting 4 NBA games and 2-3 NBL games a week.

all replayed

+ NBA all access, starting 5, nbl on nine and i'd imagine some college stuff soon

This is the most we've seen in a long time, if not ever.

Spurs are pretty boring, but not as boring as cricket replays, strongman contests, poker, rockpaperscissors contests, tennis replays and the other shit espn and fox usually give us

Reply #157858 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

ah...Fezlington...kevin durant..?

Reply #157859 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well in jules

wanna maybe see KD Jeff Green

Reply #157861 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ok agreed 4 NBA games a week is way better than what we have had previously.

perhaps some team variation would be nice ..

I just hope come playoff time we don't get screwed like last year. ESPN had exclusive rights for NBA playoffs meaning fox sports couldn't broadcast any games after being dedicated all season.

And ESPN didn't even show one single game from the first round of the playoffs.

Also during live feeds ESPN seems to have trouble going back to live coverage after time-outs sometimes the Australian adds over run and when coverage resumes, you have missed crucial plays.

Nothing could be more annoying when you've got serious
dollars down!!

Reply #157864 | Report this post

Philnaldo  
Years ago

The commetators that ESPN had for last Saturday's Heat vs Suns game were AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAwful, those two idiots that I won't name, those are shocking, stealing money they are, I thought we had heard the last of them 2 years ago but they are back.

Reply #157876 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Celtics yer ill give you that rotate there a team i want to see more of!

Reply #157899 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Jules....yes they have Durant, but its the same with the AFL here.......they will pay to show blockbuster games or those with a higher audience appeal

So imo......Kevin Durant and the rest of his team mates, dont have the appeal of teams like LA,Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Miami, Cavs and so on

Hence why you rarely see a game

And after today at 0-8.....lol....they will never show a Seattle game

Reply #157908 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

im not talking about tv rights etc...

u simply said 'why would you (an individual) person WANT to see seattle play

u didnt say seattle wont be shown because of this blah blah...everyone knows that

but durant is a clear reason to WANT to see a seattle game..u made it sound ridiculous to WANT to see the sonics...that kemp and payton thing..etc...

Reply #157911 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

Panther , i know as much about defence as you do cheap fouls .
I do appreciate the spurs as they are a great team , and Manu is my favourite player .

Why not show them against an up and coming team like NOH or UTAH instead of mass appeal games that generally do not live up to the hype .

I am sick to death of the SHAQ vs KOBE hatefest . It bores me and i would rather see two PG's of the future like Chris Paul and Deron Williams battle it out . We are talking about 2 future hall of famers with very good support casts . Boozer vs West AK vs SToja , Ronnie Brew vs Mo Pete , Okur vs Chandler , blah , blah get the drift .

BOSTON vs CHICAGO would be a nice matchup , as would ATLANTA vs PHOENIX . I guess my point is there are teams on the rise that are getting no love and no airtime .

Also , i do appreciate the fact that there are more games than ever so my whinging is balanced with gratitude big fella .

Reply #157914 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

hahaha chris paul and deron williams future hall of famers are you for real?? while Bryant and Shaq are still here it will live on forever.. La and Kobe, Houston and tmac, spure and duncan.. they all have the exciting players and they get the job done.. while they are up the top and players are dominating you will just see more of them..

p.s you mite see a seatle vs spurs game :) bit one sided?

Reply #157915 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

Kobe are you for real ? you probably rate Derek Fisher above Chris Paul . I would take a wager of any amount of your choice that at least one if not both these guys will win a league MVP in there careers and eventually be inducted into the HOF .

Reply #157929 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

rotate - I'm more than happy to take that wager. 100 bucks?

Reply #157936 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Adjusted to CPI until they bothe retire, or it is conceded that neither will win an MVP.

Reply #157943 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

I'd prefer it to be interest bearing from the date of agreement

Reply #157946 | Report this post

ANON12  
Years ago

If you don't like the NBA games and you have Foxtel then there are some great College games currently being shown on 508.

Reply #157948 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

Chris Paul is averaging 18.5 ppg , 5 reb , 11 ass , with 3 stl at 51% and 88% and leading the Hornets to a 7-2 start ,
He is at 17 ppg , 4,5 rpg and 8.5 assists career average at the age of 22 .
That compares favourably to both J KIDD and NASH at similar ages .
I would ask Chickenstock how many times you have seen him play ?
He could well win it this year , however for the good of the NBA global and the sheer numbers big Yaoser is putting up it could be a tough ask .

Deron is averaging 20 ppg , and 9 assists as well as raising his play to another level against Parker and the spurs in last years playoffs .

Reply #158067 | Report this post

speedy  
Years ago

The regular season doesn't really bother me .. BUT what interest me is if FOXTEL will raise their "game" in the playoffs !!! or will it be the same old lame ass coverage we usually get ..like showing 1 ESPN game a week during playoffs and one side of the Conference Finals !!! ... will it be back to downloading ganes again ??

Reply #158490 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

For those asking for more of a variety, there are 3 teams playing this week who I don't think have been on as yet, Atlanta, Milwaukee and Boston...the down side is, two of them are playing LA and the other San Ant!

Reply #158498 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:02 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754