Doctor E
Years ago

Get rid of the Damn Flies!!

BASA really have to remove Don Shipway's rotting old corpse from in front of the Dome. It attracts way too many flies.

Topic #1352 | Report this topic

cheezeburger  
Years ago

think we need some kleenex tissues for this bloke

Reply #15554 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Doctor E -- tell me about it! Those flies seem to love that main entrance. Free fly-swats for those in the queue; have a swat and then pass it back once you've scanned your ticket!

Reply #15556 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

The dome was built on a rubbish dump so may be the flies are visiting their ancestors

Reply #15562 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

Or attracted by the carcasses of teams beaten at the Dome

Reply #15588 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Doctor E, what's with the reference to Don Shipway? Personal vendetta against the bloke???
Show a bit of respect to one of the legends of the game!

Reply #15592 | Report this post

Doctor E  
Years ago

Nothing against Shipway, just a joke sorry (bad one I admit) - haven't seen him or heard of him for years. Don't know how you got personal vendetta out of that.

Bit sensitive?

Reply #15594 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

By your comment.

Reply #15597 | Report this post

Bake  
Years ago

"Doctor E, what's with the reference to Don Shipway?
Show a bit of respect to one of the legends of the game!"

A real legend fo the Sixers, coach when we lost Bradke and Wheeler's manager when he left.

Reply #15640 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isn't what you guys going on about Mark Davis??????? Don would attract more than flies!

Reply #15648 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don is coaching at south Adelaide under 14 boys Div 1 FYI

Reply #15667 | Report this post

Doctor E  
Years ago

Anyway, forget about Don, sorry I mentioned him.

Lets get back to talking about the flies!

Good idea Isaac, send out a free fly swatter in the mail with every season ticket.

Reply #15668 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Hey bake, did I say legend to the sixers? If your holding Don responsible for the loss of those two players then you know nothing about both situations. Don had nothing to do with Bradtke leaving, he sat out the last 10 games because of contract disputes and left at the end of the season when Don wasn't there.
Wheels left because he wanted greater opportunities and he wasn't going to get that under Dunlap. If Don negotiated a better deal and more money in the process then that's a good manager!
Obviously you've been on the end of an ass whipping from either Don himself or a team coached by Don. Don't worry Bake, dry your eyes, your not the only one!

Reply #15712 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wat r u on bout
dont dis Don
he is a legend
dont mess with him
and he is MY COACH

Reply #56993 | Report this post

Years ago

Panther, Don had everything to do with the loss of Wheeler.

Your assertion that Wheeler left because he wanted greater opportunities and he wasn't going to get that under Dunlap is wrong. Wheeler left in 1998 shortly after Smyth joined the Sixers. Dunlap left in 1996, Claxton taking over in '97 with Wheeler the starting centre.

Reply #120787 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:14 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754