Nick
Years ago

Carfino & Gaze Shootout @ All Star Game

The National Basketball League All-Star Game in Melbourne on 12 December will see a special 'NBL Legend's Shootout' between former Melbourne Tigers star Andrew Gaze and Hall of Famer Steve Carfino.

Following a challenge issued during Saturday night's FOX SPORTS national television broadcast of the Melbourne Tigers-Sydney Kings match, the League have agreed to stage a special one-on-one three-point shootout between the pair at halftime of the All-Star Game at the State Netball and Hockey Centre in Melbourne.

Can't wait to see this!

Topic #13522 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #157910 | Report this post

CAMPBELL  
Years ago

C'MON GAZEY. Kick Carfino's ASS!!!

Reply #157918 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

I hope centrebet runs a "most three pointers" market on this!

Reply #157919 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Gaze by a country mile.

Reply #157934 | Report this post

Bulldog  
Years ago

Who cares? Not nearly as exciting as the NBA All Star Game last season when Barkley raced the ref! Now that was entertainment.

Reply #157941 | Report this post

TP  
Years ago

How long have they been training monkeys to shoot threes for?

Go Gaze. Beat that monkey man.

Reply #157979 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

What the F*ck TP - don't post sh*t like that on here you bigot

Reply #157980 | Report this post

TP  
Years ago

Settle down.

There was no racist intent to that comment at all. I just think he looks like a monkey.

Reply #157984 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Ok TP - just somewhat insensitive that is all ... very grey area mate, probably best not to say something like that at all ... can be taken (as I did) as offensive even though that was not your intent.

Reply #157986 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Mmmmmmm.....TP........mmmmmmmm.

At least equally insult Gaze by calling him Grandpa or something like that.

Reply #157994 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

I hope Andrew Symonds doesn't read your comment, TP.

Reply #158027 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

Very surprised this thread wasn't edited.

FWIW - Carfino still has decent game. He shoots and scrimmages at most places he commentates before the game.

Reply #158035 | Report this post

Davidk  
Years ago

Gaze - grandpa smurf.. lol
Carfino to win, he has recent form and good intent. Bring down these smug Melbourne Tigers...

Reply #158080 | Report this post

TP  
Years ago

OK, apologies for my comment. I by no means meant any prejudice or racist intent (I never even thought about the Andrew Symonds stuff - I wish I did!)

Should be a good contest I reckon and a good idea for an All Star event.

Reply #158083 | Report this post

Goob  
Years ago

Gaze is an old bag but i think he still has it and will win- after all he is the author of the book "Basketball the Andrew Gaze Way".

Reply #158088 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

I've got that book. I'm currently instructing my solicitors for a breach of contract claim. I expected to be at least an NBL player after reading it and implementing the very detailed instructions into my game.

There was choice between buying the book and attending an Al Green summer camp. I might join my mum as a party to the action. I think she chose the book over the camp.

Reply #158098 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

TP, I didn't take offence and I know you didn't mean it that way. I was just joking about Andrew Symonds reading your post.

Reply #158137 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:35 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754