Nick
Years ago

Dontaye Draper - NBA Material?

Do you think Dontaye Draper is good enough to play in the NBA next season? I'm not sure about this one. I know stats aren't everything but his NBL stats of 12 PPG, 3.6 AST, 1.8 STLS don't exactly blow you away. He has been a very handy player but I don't understand why his stats aren't better. He did well in this years NBA Summer League for Denver. He average 8 PPG but had a 15 point game and an 18 point game against the Lakers. Anyway, the question is: is he good enough?

Topic #13534 | Report this topic

Bizzy  
Years ago

I don't think so, his main weapon seems to be his quickness but he seems a little TO prone?

Reply #158029 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

hell no! hes not good enough to get ahead of luke kendall and start for gods sake. is there anyone who does think he's NBA material?
definately TO prone, unreliable jump shooter and he looks scared when he gets into the lane and sees guys like Anstey and Jawai ready to block.

Reply #158055 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Doubt it. Shooting percentages aren't that great (40%, 30% and 60%) for one thing.

Reply #158076 | Report this post

Lloyd Braun  
Years ago

He is best mates with Carmelo Anthony, and after seeing what AI did for Rick Brunson, dont be surprised if Dontaye has a ten year career in the show!

Reply #158077 | Report this post

Philnaldo  
Years ago

Will he be the ball boy? He certainly won't be there for 3 years much less ten.

Reply #158092 | Report this post

Paul  
Years ago

is ready apart from being far too turnover prone

Reply #158624 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i think he could. as long as he gets his shooting percentages up. his quick, got good footwork and handling skills, and he knocks down some pretty awesom 3 pointers.

Reply #195389 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:55 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754