hotspell
Years ago

Hot Weather for district games?

Just wanted to know what the policy is with hot weather? ...dont want to drive all the way to Morphettvale tonight for a cancellation. Is there a radio station temp to listen for like netball or do they just make it up as they go along?

Topic #13540 | Report this topic

OG Loc  
Years ago

How bout you suck it up and stop being a little girl? Try that on for size you fairy.

Reply #158104 | Report this post

Quasi  
Years ago

Wow OG, how rude can you be? Personally I'd be really annoyed to travel an hour or so to be told to turn around and come back again. Hotspell, I remember a round being cancelled last summer for all venues without aircon. Unfortunately I can't remember if it was 36 degrees or 38. It's ridiculous for young kids to have to run around in this heat without airconditioning.

Reply #158105 | Report this post

OG Loc  
Years ago

Rude?

Reply #158106 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

I'd say harsh but fair......

Reply #158108 | Report this post

Askthedoc  
Years ago

Suck it up you say...for your information young children are expecially at risk in the heat and you should think before you comment. People like you have no idea and could potentially put your children at risk ... Prior to puberty the sweating mechanism essential for effective cooling is not developed properly in a child. The ratio between weight and surface area in a child is such that body absorbs heat rapidly in hot conditions. Child atheletes should protect themselves from over exertion in hot weather expecially with intense and endurance exercises. Maybe take some time to consider the facts before you comment in future.

Reply #158109 | Report this post

anonomyous  
Years ago

Its not too hot down here we have a nice cool sea breeze!
After the game come into the clubrooms for a nice ice cold beer and if your feeling a bit peckish after just pop out to the BBQ for a snack!
Everyones welcome down Morphett Vale no matter the Temp
Plus I think it is up to the team coaches to deem if it is unsafe to play plus the umpires allow extra time outs, when games were called off last year I think it had been over 40 for a few days!

Reply #158114 | Report this post

Ostrich 75  
Years ago

If BSA thought heat was a problem tonight then they would have called the game of yesterday...

Reply #158117 | Report this post

OG Loc  
Years ago

Askthedoc you are a douche. How you like dem apples?

Reply #158139 | Report this post

Philnaldo  
Years ago

Looks like the circus is in town, this will quickly degenerate into a series of tit for tat insults, well... tis the season

Reply #158140 | Report this post

Big Kahuna  
Years ago

I didn't know it was school holidays already! Or did they just get out early today because of the heat?

Reply #158142 | Report this post

Ms Anonymous  
Years ago

http://basketballsa.com.au/FS_extra.asp?id=4736&OrgID=9

this was in an email from BSA last year

Good afternoon all,

Given the likelihood of high termperatures this weekend, I would like to remind you of the BSA Hot Weather Policy:

http://basketballsa.com.au/FS_extra.asp?id=4736&OrgID=9

At stadiums other than the Dome and Starplex, referees have been directed to call an extra timeout at the half way point of each quarter, and extend the quarter and half time breaks by a minute.

The policy also includes an onus on coaches to use time outs and rotate players appropriately, and on managers to ensure players have adequate amounts to drink.

Regards,
Paul

Reply #158145 | Report this post

William 27  
Years ago

Ostrich 75,

That would mean that BSA would need to reschedule the games. Not something that they want to while Paul Arnott is away. He gets back in December, I am predicting that we will have a new policy then. One in which the rescheduling of games is at a minimum.

Reply #158146 | Report this post

Gravity man  
Years ago

IF you dont want your kid/s to play in weather like this then just ring the team manager and stay home,ive done the same with my kids,kept kids at home and/or taken them down to the beach,its gonna be hot again this weekend.BSA has a Junior policy on hot weather its 40Degrees then cancellation applies.Its the kids health for the future that i am concerned.

Reply #158160 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

OG Loc,

You are an idiot who clearly does not have kids!!!!

Reply #158277 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not quite correct, he's an idiot incapable of having kids! PS- thank God.

Reply #159848 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:08 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754