Mufflover
Years ago

And1 tour a disgrace..

So I went to see what it was about expecting to and1 teams to play each other, what do I get instead??? A team called the Adelaide Cruisers or something full of social guys who can't play at all against professional streetballers. They should of had 2 local people max, they must of won a competition or something as it was a schmozzle, I felt like I had paid to go watch an e grade social game the 4 and1 guys on the 'Adelaide' team didn't want pass to the other guys anyway.

Then surely it would be a little organised by now? There was some of the worst halftime entertainment with the guy MC'ing that part just babbling and not explaining anything that was going on, even to the people participating who were wandering around confused.

To say I want my money back is an understatement, I thought I was going to see at least a decent show but got amatuerish crap. I hope those guys that were selected for the Adelaide team was via a competition I can't find out how they were? Some ABA players should of been playing...

Topic #13556 | Report this topic

billo  
Years ago

It's a lot harder to pull those And1 moves against guys that know how to play D, that's why you don't see any ABA guys in the opposition.

Reply #158171 | Report this post

Mufflover  
Years ago

Yeah but why can't they have 2 teams of And1 guys I mean they play against each other 4 other ones anyway, why not just have 3 or 4 more! It's hard but I'd rather see two streetballers with skill trying to out do each other then some guy who'se feet look cemented to the ground get passed. In Melb and Syd they had streetball comp to select the teams is that how they did it here? I don't think so from what I can gather. When you are paying for tickets you want to at least see them have to put the moves on, the whole first half they cruised past while the guys smiled at them!

Reply #158173 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

there were only 3-5 local guys, they were sh!t, but the other americans were competitive. *Crewsaders was their name.

Reply #158174 | Report this post

Mufflover  
Years ago

I think there were 4 and1 guys on the Crewsaders rest were local.

Reply #158176 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

ok it was about half-half, their american big man was alright though, and goldfinger.

was there an open-run this year?

Reply #158182 | Report this post

Mufflover  
Years ago

I think it's pretty obvious there was no open run... that's why i wanted to know how they got selected, the 4 americans were all right, the big guy was good and goldfinger, brooklyn turned into bricklyn lol. They had 9 players so 5 locals.

Reply #158183 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

what about bankrupt and no worries, that makes five americans and im pretty sure there was another big man

Reply #158187 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

and that mexican-looking guy, not sure where he was from.

Reply #158188 | Report this post

Mel Gibson  
Years ago

Mexico maybe...???

Reply #158189 | Report this post

Mufflover  
Years ago

The little guy no 5 is a local social player, the mexican looking guy, local social player, the blonde guy social, the other guy never seen but not a and1 guy and the no 4 social player.. that's 5. They kept subbing 4 on I thought they were clearing the bench, maybe they had 10 and 5 and1 guys?

Reply #158194 | Report this post

Mufflover  
Years ago

Actually I was right 4 and1 guys and the 6 locals I forgot the white guy with dark hair no 10 I think may of been the one who got the ball thrown in his face lol.

Reply #158195 | Report this post

Edinburgh 14  
Years ago

moral off the story............................................................................

once shit always shit...........

I'd rather waste my money on hookers... at least I get something in return.......

Reply #158199 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Um I think you'll find the guy with the bleach blond hair with the black stripe plays in the the CABL. (I think for South)

Reply #158200 | Report this post

Isiah Thomas  
Years ago

Yes 'The Librarian' plays South ABL. I think he did alright, got a few nice put ins from ally oop passes and atleast challenged the guys defensively.

Reply #158207 | Report this post

Mufflover  
Years ago

Well I think that sums up the strength of the ABL then if he's in it.

Reply #158209 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sits on the bench at South, doesnt play. How many people paid to go see that? I feel like I got ripped off and I only had to pay for parking.

Reply #158211 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Man, one second you guys want the 'crewsaders' to not play full on defence so you get a show of dunks, then you have a go at a dude and say he's not a good basketballer BECAUSE he was playing defence. And then you complain the talent wasn't that good for the crewsaders and they should've had an ABL team playing. How would that have made it any different? There may have been some more defence (which you would've complained about) and the score might've been closer, thats it.

"Well I think that sums up the strength of the ABL then if he's in it.

Posted by Mufflover"

Believe I also saw the blonde guy playing in the academy squad before the and 1 game. I guess Scott Ninnis doesn't know how to pick then?

The only guy that shouldn't have been on the adelaide team was 'baby wombat', the dude didn't even look like he knew what basketball was.

Reply #158225 | Report this post

Mufflover  
Years ago

Yes good one annon... they missed the whole concept, play D but one on one not help d and run under people who've gone past their man and are in mid air about to dunk.

That blonde guy I've seen out at social, if he's on the academy squad then yes I am saying Scott Ninnis cannot pick talent, the rest of them I'm pretty sure were social players, surely you could tell. I'd still love to know how they got picked for Adelaide, you wouldn't say no but surely they could of had an open run here like Sydney and Melbourne and we could of had an entertaining game with actual talent on both sides.

Reply #158232 | Report this post

Baby wombat  
Years ago

Had the time of my life last night, sounds like sour grapes cos you paid to get it, I got to play and dont even play the sport. Baby wombat

Reply #158233 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i had a sick time.

i paid to see my favourite AND1 players do some sick tricks and show off some mad skills and hops.. and i seen it.

The music was dope and the MC for the AND1 tour is funny as ... hot "sizzzle"

i was really impressed by SILK..

Who cares if the "Local" team was shit, who did ya pay to see AND1 fellas or the Locals?

Stop ya whinging..

Reply #158234 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

actually some ABL players where approached and turned it down for obvious reasons.
Why you ask? because there is no skill in and1, anyone can take 4 steps b4 they even dribble the ball, not to mention the Jezza was only guy playing D, and then And1 guys would get angry at him for it. i know im happy i didnt pay to get in, and won myself a voucher to footlocker for cheating at blindfolded shots. otherwise i would be pissed aswell about this.
but hey, it teaches you guys to finally stop watching this rubbish they call 'streetball' when it isnt even that. how about we get some real streetball out here that Nike has a comp for, or used to. Battleground, atleast it isnt a bunch of try hard rubbish and they call the game properly.
just my 2 cents

Reply #158235 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

"play D but one on one"

Yet it's perfectly ok for the And1 guys to double team and play help defence, switching on screens etc.

"Had the time of my life last night, sounds like sour grapes cos you paid to get it, I got to play and dont even play the sport. Baby wombat"

I think that says it all.

No sour grapes here, I didn't pay to watch it.

Reply #158238 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I know that all the Academy guys were asked to play for the 'Crewsaders', but they all turned down the offer except for Librarian.

As a side note, he was a late addition to the academy as there were some early drop outs due to work and study commitments.

Anyways, I thought the Adelaide team was exactly what a game like that needed. If you want guys to fall for all the dribble and head fake crap and not intercept some of those alley oop passes, then those guys were the right fit!

If an ABL team were to particpate, it would have been far less entertaining. Lets face it, (most) people bought tickets to see some high flying dunks and sreetball dribble moves, not pure team basketball. The team was purposely thrown together so they serve as whipping boys for the And1 team.

Besides, the organiser's probably made sure that the talent was comparably less in comparison to the And1 guys just in case they got shown up.

The Crewsaders coach (not Mark Davis, guy in white open neck shirt) was yelling at the Adelaide guys 'Get up!' constantly so they could be made like fools when the And1 players wrap it around their heads or through their legs. Thta's when it really became obvious hy some of them were chosen.

I can understand if you are upset of you paid for a ticket expecting the And1 squads to play each other, but for a bit of light entertainment it wasn't too bad.

Personally, I would have loved it if the Crewsaders fell back into a zone and clogged the keyway, would have been hilarious!!!

As a side note, I'm sure any solid ABL player who wanted to play in this game would have definately been allowed, it just seemed that noone really wanted to or did not know how to be picked for the team...

Reply #158268 | Report this post

Stadium Monkey  
Years ago

I got in for free and still want my money back!

Reply #158280 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry guys, missed it all- there is an And1 Tour going around- are these any of the guys from "AND1 Streetball" on ps2 and all? Furthermore, can anyone fill me in on what happened- ie- was this a curtain raiser to the 6ers, or some other shit- either way seems crap!!!! Just a point- you'd think the Slingers in their salary cap would have enough money to entice someone like Matty Nielsen or those types back- or perhaps they've paid to much for grizzard/knight/helms!

Reply #158284 | Report this post

Marco  
Years ago

Sorry guys, missed it all- there is an And1 Tour going around- are these any of the guys from "AND1 Streetball" on ps2 and all? Furthermore, can anyone fill me in on what happened- ie- was this a curtain raiser to the 6ers, or some other shit- either way seems crap!!!! Just a point- you'd think the Slingers in their salary cap would have enough money to entice someone like Matty Nielsen or those types back- or perhaps they've paid to much for grizzard/knight/helms!

Reply #158286 | Report this post

Skyhigh  
Years ago

On the And1 Streetball game it has all of 2006 players alot of those players dont play for And1 now..
I would have loved to have gone to see And1 play, they had my 2 favourite players in Hot Sauce and the Professor. But Adelaide needs to have an open run next time this happens..

Reply #158312 | Report this post

Marco  
Years ago

Would the Slingers have enough cash in their salary cap would to entice someone like Matthew Nielsen, Damien Ryan etc.. A starting lineup of HELMS, RYAN, GRIZZARD, KNIGHT AND NIELSEN would destroy in the NBL!!!!

Reply #158320 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

No, they would not.

Reply #158346 | Report this post

Marco  
Years ago

Is that a "no they would not" to the fact that the team would destroy or in relation to the salary cap?

Reply #158365 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:49 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754