bretts the man
Years ago

Boti too kind to Mal

Like most of us Boti was obviously pleased that Mal bought the sixers as only reason I can see this why he would say something positive about Chappels defence . The guy is slow and cant defend and has no flexibility and we cant expect Ballinger to get 42 points each week to beat a bottom team.
Also re not critizing Phil as turning point of game was when they started the 2- 3 man defensive trap and even at the end we had no plan to get around it, apart from couple of wish and prayer throws from Brad ( someone help please ) Davidson. Also thought Mottram showed us some positive attack moves until subbed and when we were under pressure in last Qtr was getting splinters . Yes looks like we will have to suffer Phil for season but Why put up with Chappel with turnovers poor shots etc with Brett out we need scorers

Topic #13590 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Why involve Mal? Why couldn't your theory be simplified to suggest that Boti is just too kind to Chappell? Doesn't seem to make much sense to me.

Reply #158502 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Sorry Isaac I though I went onto explain He again didnt criticize Phil as although we won it hurts to say Heal out coached him with his tactics to slow us down
Also been many posts previously re Boti not criticizing Phil this season. I just put different slant as Chappel seems to missing cricism by Boti as well. Obviously we and Boti respect Mel for putting his money into team but unlike Boti he is reporting softly on these issues, important to the team we support

Reply #158509 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

'important to the team we support'
?????????????????
Sheessh...hard to belive this is true with some of the complaints around here....

Reply #158512 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i dont understand why he is so harsh on nick horvath but not the same on chappel. he rips into horvath all the time yet the guy started last season for us with 6 straight games of 10 or more boards and 20 or more points in first 5/6. wasn't perfect but did much more than chappel is doing.

Reply #158513 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

Chappel was injured...his back....

Reply #158515 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

injury excuse finished in perth said smyth. has had 2/11 decent games. rest have been average or poor. i am worried about when they start playing the better teams.

Reply #158518 | Report this post

jammer  
Years ago

As usual you guys show our dislike for Phil he out coached him to a loss you have to be kidding.Heal played well but they lost they have spent a lot more money a lot more and still lost yeh i see your point you dont have 1 other than no matter what Smyth does you will find fault.You were probably the same people that said 36ers cant win without Marsy oops theyve won 2 but that would be because Smyth was out coached in those games as well.Why not support the 36ers instead of knocking them even when they win

Reply #158543 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Terribly poor thread.... everyone wants to be coach, for god sake, the team is on a 3 game winning streak....ENOUGH SAID! Just go to the games and support! Im not that keen on Phil and couple of weeks back thought Chappell was done for, but now they are winning and should bear the Crocs Sunday, I'm satisfied again to simply do my part and support who and what we have!

Reply #158562 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

If you actually watched Chappell's Game last week his only fault was not taking the ball more, got of to a quick start then stopped shooting the ball himself. Still think hes stiff and lackin in confidence in himself.
Hes also said he really wants to prove himself to the Adelaide crowd, this can play on someones mind..not good enough but highly possible that hes thinking to much when playing at home, his away games have been alot better.

Your comment about not being able to expect Ballinger score 42 points a games stupid, last week it was Chappell that scored 30, Ballinger 14. We still won and Ballinger had a mediocre game by his standards.

Reply #158584 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Apparently he shot 24points in first half then moved to let Copeland shoot 18 in third quarter then a few fouls and benched last quarter.

Reply #158588 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

If any of you guys expects a player to come out & repeat a blistering first half game, you're delusional. There's not an opposition coach on this planet, that wouldn't double team & scrag the guy for the rest of the game. Well guess what happened? That then left the others open to do the damage.

Reply #158603 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Didn't Ballinger score about 20 in each half against the Dragons just the other day? ;)

Reply #158611 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Exactly, I think it was 24 and 18 Isaac!

Reply #158620 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:39 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754