Isaac
Years ago

Rickert, Turner out for Cairns game

For any Dream Teamers:

Centre Rick Rickert has succumbed to a sciatic nerve strain and will definitely sit out the match while point guard Wayne Turner is likely to miss a third successive game as he overcomes a quad tendon strain incurred 10 days ago.

Topic #13609 | Report this topic

kad  
Years ago

+2.5 cairns looks tasty. Just unloaded on it. Wish i took it at 4 last night.

Reply #158784 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Anyone think NZ could still win?

Reply #158830 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I just looked and Breakers beat Cairns in Cairns by 20ish. This was without turner playing as well. So this game is back in NZ and NZ are playing with some real confidence. I don't think people could say Cairns are guaranteed to win this one. Anyone else got some thoughts on this game?

Reply #158840 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Cairns as favourites. Won't play as badly again and are expected to have Rashad Tucker back. Breakers are a chance of course, but they will find it tough.

Reply #158847 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

Sneaky rumor that Grabau may not play due to injury.

Reply #158895 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Gee, they're having no luck, eh? With Tucker out, he was their main man off the bench.

Now, I guess they'll go: Mee, Black, Tucker, Abney, Jawai (Boodnikoff, Cook, Smith, etc). Quality starters, but unless Boodnikoff is firing or Smith has one of those games, they might be a bit quiet.

Got a feeling Cairns will get this one. Black, Tucker and Abney are all due and Jawai will give the Breakers headaches.

Reply #158898 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:02 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754