Statman
Years ago

Tucker dumped by Taipans

Looks like Rashad may have been a naughty boy again and has had his contract terminated by the club for breaches of their code of conduct.

According to some on OZhoops looks like it was a chemstry issue with the group - whatever that may mean....

Paves the way now for a new expensive import to try and fill the hole left by Cats injury

Topic #13641 | Report this topic

Nick  
Years ago

Sounds like he's one of those chemistry cancers. If thats so, New York won't waste any time in signing him up.

Reply #159087 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anyone surprised? They're already spending a lot of money - no point in abandoning the season. Just need a small forward and they could get things back on track. I dare say they really only signed him because he was a rare 9 point import.

Reply #159089 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

Obviously he is still missing the point .

Reply #159094 | Report this post

get buckets  
Years ago

This issue has been raised before, but I would like to see Adelaide take a gamble this season. Cut Mike C and sign someone like Tucker. Sitting at 5-6, we will most likely be setting ourselves up for another first round exit, so why not take a chance? If Tucker gets rolling, his play can fill a few seats as well. Phil may have to realise that you cannot always coach model citizens - sometimes you have to take risks with character.

Reply #159095 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd keep Chappell over Tucker.. Chappell is more of a scoring threat and less likely to turn over the ball

In saying that, Chappell has been below par so far and I'd take a new import over Chappell

Reply #159097 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Actually I like the fact All Adelaide Clubs set high expectations of their players behavior, we dont have the problems of West Coast or Carlton and the players can be relied upon to be a positive rolemodel to kids. To be honest I would rather this than a winning season with a bunch of bad attitude players.

The 36er's have always had players that have been loved, Maher, Ree's, Davis..All good rolemodels and great to watch for the sentimental value, even if they werent big impact players. They are just the few I could name now, obviously alot more players in that list.

Reply #159098 | Report this post

Edinburgh 63  
Years ago

I'm surprised Rees hasn't been picked up by one of the Banks to help promote saving to the kiddies. Such a tight arse would make a great role model for Bank SA to bring back their `saving makes sense' campaign of the 80's.

Reply #159103 | Report this post

Hood91  
Years ago

Maher & Davis not big imapact players Skud?
Are you serious ?

Two of the biggest names in NBL over the last 25 years !

Respect.

Reply #159105 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd prefer Anna Rexia than Tucker.
He's a show ponying ball hog, which is great for All Star games, but Ricky Grace wasn't a fan, & I'm siding with Ricky.

Reply #159107 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

"we dont have the problems of West Coast or Carlton"

CARLTON?......WTF did they do wrong?

They had a drug problem with 2 of their players a few years back. They gave each of them a 2nd chance.

1 (Lawrence Anguin) blew it almost immediately and got sacked.

The other (Ken Norman, from memory) took a while longer but also got sacked.

What are you on about?

Reply #159109 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

Sorry Skud , but i would not be praising the angels of adelaides sporting teams without knowledge of what goes down .
I could tell you stories and alot firsthand that would blow the roof of your little theory .

Yes we do have great role models like Brett Maher , and great leaders like Mark Ricciuto , two fantastic fellas and SA sporting legends but they live different lives to a point . Which is right or wrong , no need for my judgement .

Mark Davis was a great captain and teriffic bloke but no angel off the court .

Then you have clean living little brats like Leyton Hewitt who has achieved a hell of alot in his chosen sport but comes across to be a bit of a knob .

Every sporting team has both a culture and sub cultures just like the rest of society , it's all relevant and somewhat out of control .

Reply #159110 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Skud

I have a couple of words for you....

Byron Pickett
Simon Goodwin

Reply #159111 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Mark Davis' record isn't quite clean!

Wouldn't want to see Tucker replace Chappell - might be entertaining, but would be a mistake IMO.

Reply #159112 | Report this post

i dont care what everyone else thinks but id take willie farley over chappell.

Reply #159115 | Report this post

Hood91  
Years ago

Hey Rotate on this,
Everyone I know who's had dealings with Ricciuto outside of football would also place him in the`bitr of a knob' basket.
As business owners we're all expected to give him a good deal, and the `Don't you know who I am?' card get's played all too often.
Can't see him giving me a cheap meal or free drink next time I go to the Alma....

Reply #159116 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

Interseting and Fair call Hood91 .

Reply #159117 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Dicko,
I could be wrong but i think the other carlton player was Karl Norman not Ken but correct me if im wrong.

Reply #159124 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

Last I heard Tucker's gf's family live in SA, so that may be some incentive for him to "keep his nose clean" and knuckle down to some team ball - secure a future here with some family support .. just a thought. Though a case could be made - if you're gonna take a risk on Shard, you may as well take a risk on Leven (younger, Aussie - so less points under cap rules etc).

Reply #159125 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Correct AK -47, it was Karl Norman...and he was given a second chance after Kouta and the Snr Boys, sat down with Pagan to give him another chance

Then the fool went out on a drugged up rampage and broke into a mates place stealing his stuff from memory..lol

Apart from that......the only other altercations have been from Fev and Lappin

Reply #159133 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Hood 91 my comment on not being big Impact players was aimed at Ree's i jsut didnt wish to point that out.
Whether player are considered Nobs of the field or not isnt really what your worried about when it comes to a role model, its how they conduct themselves in the public eye, Kids arent going to pubs and seeing their off court antics.

Byron Pickett player for port, no further comment needed, its port adelaide did you expect less than ferral players?? they also had a few rapists didnt they.

Simon Goodwin until his gambling problem has been an upstanding member of the community, by admitting his problem and hopefully dealing with it his charector will stand.

Carlton not having problems, geez cause everytime i look they are suspending Fervola

Reply #159146 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

Skud , that is both the most inflammatory and contradictory load of garbage i have heard in a while .

You are basically subscribing to the rule of if you have a good public persona then you can be a complete f..kwit away from prying eyes .
That is half the problem in this world . People in a position of privelege can hide their skeletons while abusing the very system that allows them this lifestyle .

I am not talking about having a few too many sherbets , a bong or 2 or even a few lines of whatever tickles your nostril hairs , but if we the public want to pedestal athletes we are only ever going to be dissapointed .

Goodwin is both a loose cannon and in your eyes a role model . Did you happen to forget him grabbing a journo by the throat and threatening to kill him if he released photos of him and the boys on a massive bender at the now marble bar .
There have been other incedents kept in house .

There is also debate about who was driving Picketts car when it was written off on one occasion of the few times this has happened . Without naming anyone speculation survives that it may have been a crows player who is held in the highest regard .

The crows culture and previously port adelaides do not differ that much from west coasts or many other clubs .

So skudpud keep the blinkers on and continue living your mainstream fairytale existance .

Reply #159148 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Skud....he was suspended by the club this season for his on field actions

At that was under Pagan, who no one wanted to play for

Reply #159287 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:06 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754