Freddy
Years ago

Embarrassing

What is with division five mens players that rock up to games and think they own the joint.

Okay i might be a bit harsh but please - turn your hat forwards, remove your jumper for warm-ups and actually warm up! and stop acting like you own the damn new york yankees while sitting on the bench - take note north division five mens player/coach!!

Not to mention some of the southern guys with the arm bands, knee high ankles braces, and socks pulled up to their butt cheeks!

Get into the game but please do not humiliate yourself like that!

Topic #1365 | Report this topic

thedoctor  
Years ago

Word...

Reply #15727 | Report this post

rodman  
Years ago

Yep that was me got a problem with me or what we had 1 minute to warm up before the Ref called centre's and by the way we won the game our third for the season we were chuffed I wore my hat backwards because I can so pull your head in I do a lot for my Club at North Adelaide and no we dont think we own everything plue Iam down there tonight coaching the Div 4 Men so if you have problem come and see me just a reminder Iam a Wrestler too

Reply #15762 | Report this post

.golightning.  
Years ago

"Iam down there tonight coaching the Div 4 Men so if you have problem come and see me just a reminder Iam a Wrestler too"

Did you flex your muscles when you wrote that rodman?
haha

Reply #16117 | Report this post

Rodman,

Freddy didn't say he had a problem.

He implied you had a problem and that problem is you are embarrassing yourself in his and perhaps others eyes.

IMO to wear socks pulled up or sweat bands is saying one of two things. I wish I was an American or I've got serious game.

If you've got the sweat bands and can't play you just look like someone playing dressups.

Reply #16119 | Report this post

LOL  
Years ago

HAHAHAHA Rodman that was the funniest post i have heard in a while, "Im a wrestler too" no one ever implied fighting, we know that u think u own the joint but u just made it worse for ya self mate, keep it up though its good for a laugh.

Reply #16308 | Report this post

Max Power  
Years ago

Whats wrong with wearing that gear?
What do you care what other people do? Seriously, they are playing the game for the love, why should you give them stick for what they wear. Let them go.

Reply #29046 | Report this post

badger  
Years ago

Unless you are the fashion police, maybe you should let people wear what they like. They're not hurting anyone looking like complete morons...

Reply #29054 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

Shut up u hairy Badger :)

Reply #63238 | Report this post

badger  
Years ago

resorted to name calling have we pickles Housemate.. Clearly that means you have nothing constructive to say... Oh by the way you need an apostrophe after pickles because it is referring to ownership..

Reply #63367 | Report this post

charlie  
Years ago

Ive never read such butchering of the english language. Wear clothes that fit, have respect for players/volunteers/staff that are better than you, brush your teeth and if there is no sun, take your hat off!

Reply #63368 | Report this post

Johnny Comelately  
Years ago

" re: Embarrassing (#63367)

resorted to name calling have we pickles Housemate.. Clearly that means you have nothing constructive to say... Oh by the way you need an apostrophe after pickles because it is referring to ownership..

badger, 29/12/05"

I hate to burst your bubble, but the apostrophe that you refer to needs some clarrification.

If it is in reference to just the one "pickle" (singular), then the apostrophe must be after the "e" and before the "s", not AFTER "pickles" as you incorrectly stated.

However, if it is in reference to the plural, "pickles", then the apostrophe must be after the "s". Furthermore, no second "s" is necessary after the apostrophe in this instance as there is already a "s" present at the end!

Reply #63397 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Well said.

Reply #63399 | Report this post

Johnny Comelately  
Years ago

Thank you "In the Know"!

I've seen you posting for a while and I was curious as to who you are!

Reply #63400 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

I agree with max power and badger, dont get me wrong im not a player that wears wrist bands and knee high socks or even my cap backwards. People can wear what they like, im sure there are things that you guys wear that are fashion tragedies aswell. Get Over It. It doesnt matter what level these people are playing at, they can do what they like.

Reply #63409 | Report this post

charlie  
Years ago

Dr, thanks for the prescription. People should be encouraged to play basketball at all levels but a lot can be said about being humble in attitude and appearance. The clothes dont hurt anyone, but the attitude is embarassing to the game and our country. Some of you have a 'Justin Timberlake Complex' where you think you are african americans. Some of you are...most of you are not. Word. Hear that Dawg? Twats.

Reply #63437 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

There is only one Pickle, so that may help people work out the whole punctuation thing. I'm not an English teacher, so how the hell would I know?

Furthermore, Badger - the name-calling was done in fun after i'd had a few drinks Boxing Day evening. Sorry if i caused you any offence.

Reply #63450 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

It will remain a mystery Johnny

Reply #63458 | Report this post

Johnny Comelately  
Years ago

"There is only one Pickle, so that may help people work out the whole punctuation thing"

Thus, that would make your name "Pickle's Housemate"!

Reply #63470 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

Hey, Really... i figure it's my Alias, so i can spell it how i like.

Take a girl's name: i have seen Amy and also seen the same name spelt Amie..!

So anyway, i don't wear sweatbands and stuff, cos it just weighs me down and i ain't the fastest on the court anyway!

Reply #63498 | Report this post

badger  
Years ago

Ok, Pickles is a person so the apostrophe goes after the s "Pickles' housemate" is correct. I was more offended by the poor grammar rather than the name calling ;)

Anyway people should be allowed to rock up to a game wearing a caftan if they so chose. It's not my ideal selection but it's their business, and they are not hurting anyone..

Reply #63506 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

as long as all the caftan's match

and they make sure they are tucked in to their playing shorts :)

Reply #63509 | Report this post

Johnny Comelately  
Years ago

If anyone wants to know who I am, well...I am the new kid in town!

Reply #63618 | Report this post

spellcheck  
Years ago

Johnny Comelately, for a poster of such obvious gramatical calibre and superfluous intelligence, you have managed to spell clarification wrong.

Reply #63623 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

Hey there Johnny,
There's talk on the street, it sounds so familiar.
Great expectations, everybody's watching you.
People you meet they all seem to know you,
even your old friends treat you like you're something new.

Reply #64873 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:49 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754