Run TMC
Years ago

Oldest and youngest NBA Rosters

OK, off the top of your head (ie no research), which NBA teams do you think would have the oldest and youngest average age for all players on their roster?

Let the guessing begin.

Topic #13669 | Report this topic

Youngest- Atlanta

Oldest- Maybe Spurs?

Reply #159319 | Report this post

ANON12  
Years ago

Oldest - Spurs.
Youngest - Celtics.

Reply #159320 | Report this post

dry back  
Years ago

Atlanta or maybe Portland would have to be pretty young, and maybe spurs for old.

that all could be way off but they are just the teams that come to mind without much thought.

Reply #159321 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Yeah, ATL for the youngest.

Oldest....I'll take a wild guess and say the C's? Solely judging that on the fact that the big 3 are all over 30.

Reply #159323 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Rockets or Mavericks oldest, Bulls or 76ers youngest.

Reply #159325 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

I reckon Rockets/spurs oldest, Bulls youngest

Reply #159327 | Report this post

Run TMC  
Years ago

Well done to all who said Spurs as oldest (ave = 30.1). Next closest is the Clippers believe it or not (28.5) - ahh all those years of wasted draft picks and strange trades and now an old roster with nothing to show for it.

The youngest is Portland by far (23.7). Then Seattle, Golden State, Atlanta and Chicago.

Got those from ESPN. Obviously it includes all players on the roster. It would be interesting to see what the average age of the guys that actually play decent time is (over 15 min say). There is some old dead weight on a few of the younger rosters.

Reply #159331 | Report this post

Run TMC  
Years ago

Rockets average is 27.8 and that assumes Dikembe is 41, not 61 and that Yao is actually 27.

Sixers were 25.2, same as Bulls.

Celts were right in the middle at 26.3. They have quite a few younger guys to balance out their big 3 and no ageing vets like Mutombo or Horry

Reply #159332 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

In 2005, Mark Cuban ran the figures, weighting ages based on their minutes played. That's the way to do it if you want to get anything approaching a useful figure.

Glad I wasn't too far off with a couple of guesses those. Can't believe I didn't think through Portland.

Reply #159334 | Report this post

Crazy24  
Years ago

Youngest - Atlanta/Portland
Oldest - Miami/Spurs

Reply #159338 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm suprised that Minnesota isn't among the youngest.

Reply #159383 | Report this post

Years ago

The above post was me, BTW.

I just had a look, and worked it out roughly (no decimal points), and the Timberwolves have an average age of 26, with four players over 30 (Theo Ratliff, Greg Buckner, Mark Madsen, Antoine Walker). I actually thought they'd be younger than that.

Reply #159386 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Youngest would either be Atlanta or Charlotte. Oldest would probably be Spurs? Pistons mayb?

Reply #159488 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:49 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754