Noti-Bogi
Years ago

Explain Dusty's message at Testimonial

Boti says this about Dusty today.. sounds a little arrogant to me but if someone was at Brett's dinner thing could you explain..

Dusty Rychart came up with a 32-point, 12-rebound double which was only marginally better than the message he sent via video to Maher's testimonial.

"I loved playing with you, Brett, but I'm busy winning championships now," he said.

Nice. And just maybe, in the words of The Simpsons' Fat Tony ... "it's funny, coz it's true".

Topic #13675 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Sounded like it was just a little joke to me. What's the problem?

Reply #159397 | Report this post

Frank  
Years ago

Yeah, sounded like a joke to me, too, given in good spirit and taken similarly. All the video tributes were perfect, reflections of the wonderful talents and personalities Brett has played with and against. Anything genuinely 'sour' would not have got past 'go'. The spirit of the night is captured so well in the photo thread.

Reply #159399 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I attended this function and it was one of the most enjoyable functions I've been to. The whole night was very well planned with lots of laughs but at the same time displays of utmost respect for the great man. There was footage of many NBL players sending a message to Brett, most tongue in cheek stuff but in no way was taken as disrespectful. Everyone had a good laugh at the humour value. Scott Ninnis played a large part in answering questions about his friendship with Brett and some of the antics they got up to. Rupert Sapwell, Phil Smyth and Boti Nagy were also interviewed. There was footage of Ninnis doing some street talk in Rundle Mall, stopping people in the mall to ask them about Brett Maher and asking them if they had any good wishes they wanted to pass on for his testimonial. The emphasis off course was on the fact the no one knew who he was except for the last which happened to be Al Green. There was also some pretty extensive footage of him as a child, his junior years in basketball, the choice he had to make between a career in football or basketball and the earlier years with the 36ers including the championships. There was an auction of various memorabilia and a raffle.

Reply #159414 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Yeah.....nothin in it.

If Catt got to talk, you would have probably heard something similarly tongue in cheek. Some of these guys are tight and take shots at eah otehr in fun.

I seem to remember Catt and Maher going at each other in the media last year....it was all a big joke.

Reply #159430 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Any message from Wheeler? surely that would have been a cracker if there was one.

Reply #159543 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

No, not that I remember. Just a few names looking back are Ronaldson, Rogers, CJ, Bradtke, Copeland, Anstey, Forman, Catallini, Rychart, Rillie, Heal, Stiff, Holmes. I know I've forgotten some.

Reply #159566 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any video of this night availiable? Player messages of of the night itself??

Reply #159704 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:02 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754