Coast Voice
Years ago

Phil Smyth on SportswrapTonight

Phil Smyth will be interviewed on The Sportswrap program tonight at around 7-20.

The show goes from 6-30-8 and the NBL segment will run from 7-15 to 7-40.

88.7FM

Topic #13682 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

That should be interesting...

What a crap shoot that should be

Reply #159557 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

Phil said my boy Adam played last Sunday with the left bottom half of his back strained or sprained and that he could only go one way, that's why he only scored half of what he scored the week before
DUH !

When pressed about the future Australian talent required to inject into the 36ers team {Brett is 34, Brad is 33} Phil was very non committal, and mentioned that all the Aussies in the US college system were being monitored, and that they had 'a few irons in the fire' whatever that is supposed to mean.

After the interview Jason Dix stated the obvious that Chappell only has a couple of games left where he has to show some form and put up some big numbers or he is out.

Reply #159572 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rather watch paint dry and grass grow than listen to his never ending story waffle!!! Once upon a time in a land far, far away.....

Reply #159574 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They've had 'a few irons in the fire' the last three years!!

Reply #159616 | Report this post

Paul  
Years ago

The next two weeks will tell a lot of tales. Great work Coast good NBL and WNBL coverage

Reply #159623 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He also said on 5AA that Townsville were a top 4 team!

Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel for excuses!

Reply #159649 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Does anyone agree that Townsville are a top four side? I don't think they're that good.

Kings, Tigers (still missing DT), Bullets (trounced Blaze without two starting calibre players), Taipans (new import to come?), Wildcats are also above Crocs IMO. Maybe sixth if you were being optimistic?

Was that a direct quote or did he say something like they "could be a top four team"?

Reply #159650 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Said they were a top 4 team. Deluded.

Reply #159652 | Report this post

Izzy  
Years ago

I'm interested to know why his media interviews have suddenly increased. Seems to be bobbing up everywhere. Maybe somebody has told him to, hmmmm?

Reply #159654 | Report this post

I know where I'd like to put the iron from the fire...

Reply #159655 | Report this post

crudeboy  
Years ago

Did Phil say we were a bottom Four Side ? :-)

Reply #159661 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

A top four side? lol ah Phil always trying to make your self look alot better then you really are. I would have Townsville at 7 or 8th at best. They have an older Rillie, lost their Australian and best player, replaced one of the most consistent imports in the league (Not this season though due to Jawai) and replaced them with two imports whose shots are very suspect. Unfortunately smyth will fool most people that don't actually know much about Basketball.

Reply #159707 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:36 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754