Isaac
Years ago

No let up in Cavs vs Varejao

Varejao on Cleveland: 'I don't want to play there anymore'

The Cavs' popular forward wants considerably more than the team is offering. He turned down the Cavs' one-year, $1.2 million tender offer. (To retain a restricted free agent, a team must make a tender offer.) He also refused Cleveland's opening offer of five years, $20 million, and then its latest offer of five years, $32 million, with a starting salary slightly below the midlevel exception.

Are his demands too high? Are the Cavs in the wrong?

Topic #13687 | Report this topic

Bizzy  
Years ago

No way is Varejao worth what he is asking. He is a role player at best.

That's the way some players in the NBA are heading, think they are way better than they actually are.

Reply #159632 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Hard to argue over a broad statistical set that the +/- would be miles off though. Suggests that he's 22nd in the league ranked by that method?

Hard to see what's so awful about $32m over 5 years though...

Reply #159639 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Cavs have no chance of getting back to the big dance without him though..Even with James averaging a triple double.

Reply #159646 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

I don't disagree Isaac but I still don't think he is worth any more than 35 million over 5 years, that's 7 million a year. Seriously who can be unhappy with that?

Reply #159653 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Bizzy, hard to see why any self respecting person would get out of bed for that. (Clearly I have no self-respect.)

Reply #159663 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

How can a bloke avging only 6.8 pts and 6.7 rebounds last season knock back 32 mil over 5 years

Stuff him......if i was the Cavs i would send him back to Brazil

The bloke has rocks in his head

Reply #159665 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

The bloke has 'locks on his head...

(Mod: Is there a category below "Dad Jokes"?)

Reply #159666 | Report this post

Pasadena 85  
Years ago

Bizzy it's all relative.
When all your mates are earning that amount and more, of course you are going to want and expect a similar amount. For mere mortals such as ourselves (Bo Hamburger & Manute Bol excluded) of course that's an insane amount of money to knock back - but it's all relative.

Reply #159668 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Is his manager Isiah?

Reply #159677 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

he he...nice one Mod

Reply #159678 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

There's no doubt he's an important part of that team, 6.7rbs is pretty handy off the bench. 32mil is definately the most hes gonna get though.

Reply #159813 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:45 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754