Jarrad
Years ago

Pioneers sign import Josh Steinthal

In the local paper today it is reported that the pioneers have signed Josh Steinthal an import guard. Does anyone have an opinion on his abilities and whether this is a good signing?

Topic #13691 | Report this topic

Joe M  
Years ago

Sympathy ghost

Reply #159699 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Born in 1978, so would be 30 next year. Has been playing in Europe (Norway in 2005-06). American-born. Height and weight vary wildly (could be the famed Pacific shrink), with websites recording him as a 6-4 guard, or a 6-8 guard weighing 173kg. If it's the later, think of a white Oliver Miller.

Reply #159709 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Seems more like a scoring type guard, so you would say he's going to be a SG not a PG. I would have thought that they would have gone for a PG over another SG considering they have Dallas Jefree starting in that spot and Kurt coming off the bench for him. They really lacked a PG from what I heard last year so why recruit another SG?
Moses, the picture does seem to look as though he's pretty thick in stature as he doesn't have much of a neck!

Reply #159857 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

173kg, wow what a bruiser. How many injuries is a 30year old going to bring with him that his manager just happened to overlook mentioning? College info from a different decade states him as a PG.

Reply #159926 | Report this post

Ball boy  
Years ago

173 kg Crikey Moses, you should have gone to the tryouts. You'll make starting 5 for sure with your Barry Dawson like sleekness.

Reply #159950 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Heck, even Shaquille O'Neal weighs less than 150kg. The only 380-pound human I could find on the web, other than the Pioneers' new import (see, I wasn't making it up!) was this guy:

The 7-foot-5, 380-pound former nightclub bouncer (now, there's a guy that'll make you behave) decided to run for Mayor. Mayor, basketball import, this guy can have whatever job he wants. Story here.

Reply #160141 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Guys, he's 6'4" and 190lbs, not some monstrous 173kg animal!

Here's a video with a few highlights - seems to make some pretty quick passes:

Reply #160219 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Well then Isaac, who is 173kg? The website seems pretty clear that someone is, though my Norwegian is a little scratchy these days ..... and yes, we want pictures of Mr 173kg.

Reply #160221 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

Translation error : BBall IQ is 173 ...

Reply #160226 | Report this post

kg  
Years ago

I know Josh personally, and we work out and play all the time. He is definitely a scoring SG but can mos def play PG. Simply amazing shooting touch, athletic and strong. Very good pick up for the Pioneers.

Reply #166018 | Report this post

Basket 89  
Years ago

He played in the SBL in WA for one season for the Geraldton Buccs. Great shooter very arrogant

Reply #166813 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:27 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754