Kwest
Years ago

NBA Live 08 - How to play just one season?

I hate dynasty mode - Can anyone tell me if there is a way like in past years where you can just play one season - and you have full control over other teams rosters etc?

Topic #13699 | Report this topic

Bomber  
Years ago

Nut up and deal with it.

Reply #159807 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

You should have got NBA 2K8 -_-

Reply #159817 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Use the Live 08 disc as a frisbee or a coffee coaster and pony up for NBA 2K8...

Reply #159825 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

As far as I can remember from 2k7, you couldn't alter other teams in it's dynasty mode either.. although at least the cpu wouldnt go making a Ming for Chandler trade that you can do nothing about.

After spending some time tweaking the sliders on LIVE 08 (ps3), I actually think its a good game, and im quite happy with it. Its just the lack of the old 'season' mode that I hate.

Reply #159833 | Report this post

ritz  
Years ago

NBA LIVE 07 has single season

Reply #159844 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

Its also the single worst basketball game ever created.

Reply #159862 | Report this post

can ya  
Years ago

How do you throw an alley on 2k8? I can work it out and it doesn't say anything in the manual?

Help!!!

Reply #159863 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

play one season, and then turn it off

Reply #159882 | Report this post

cLaRkY  
Years ago

To play a single season on NBA Live 08 (xbox 360), all you do is start a regular dynasty mode, but when editing the settings for it (games per season etc), The first thing in the list shuold say Dynasty (or something similar)

All you do is change that to season, and that should work...

Reply #159887 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

I have done that. Sorry I should have worded it better. I want to know if I can play a 'season mode' like in years past where you can alter other teams rosters etc to keep it realistic. Even if you choose Season on the Dynasty mode in 08 you still cant alter other teams or have any way of turning auto CPU trades off.

Reply #159895 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

download the newest roster update before you start (if you got it connected to the net) then just change all rosters to make it more up to date. i think i saw something on live that allows you to stop automatic cpu trades

Reply #159928 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

If there is a real life trade mid season you cant change another teams squad in the middle of a dynasty season though, unlike with the old 'season' mode.

Reply #159954 | Report this post

Years ago

You definitely CAN play single season mode in NBA Live 08 for PS2.

It is also possible to be able to have full control over every team in the league during this single season as well - just choose them all to be user teams if you really want full control.

Just look in the menus. It's not that hard to figure out.

Reply #160158 | Report this post

Joshua Grinage  
Years ago

How do you do the signture move on this live 08

Reply #162901 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:02 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754