Rarney Bubble
Years ago

Breakers vs Dragons (Spoiler)

Massive win for the Breakers tonight in the context of their season. Beat the Dragons 107-104 without any imports!

Oscar stepped up with 17 and 14 as did Vukona with 7 and 10. Was Oscar playing the 4 spot? I wonder if he could against some teams - he could create a few matchup problems and is a good rebounder. He may struggle against strong low post players - but there aren't that many of them around any more. Could be something for Lemanis to consider. Without Rickert he obviously had to run a bit smaller tonight. I only hope that their new import doesn't stuff up what seems to be a good chemistry. Turner was good because he was a role player and fit in well. I am developing a bit of a soft spot for NZ. Go Breakers!

Topic #13710 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

great rebounding battle between forman and holmes. Dragons won't be too happy about missing that opp. Full strength against breakers with no imports is a big advantage.

Reply #160000 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Breakers got lucky with the refs at the end there, they said Oscar got fouled before the buzzer but if that was the case then the Dragons should've had some time left for one last 3 which could've put it into overtime. It would've been like 0.5 seconds so they wouldnt hav got a great look but at least they could've got one up and had a chance at the tie, bad refereeing as always in NZ.

Reply #160005 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

as always??? You have to be kidding me.

Reply #160008 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Finally Oscar brings home some fantasy team points! ;-)

Reply #160013 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

We are officially

POO!

Reply #160021 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Full strength and still lost Dicko? What's the secret?

Reply #160029 | Report this post

Aims  
Years ago

Breakers did a great job last night without our imports. Oscar had a good night, helping with the rebounding. As always the whole team pitched in and in the end a good result was seen.

It should be interesting to see what happens next week when we take on the kings and to see how our new import fits into the team.

Reply #160049 | Report this post

flatshot  
Years ago

My observations of the reffing at Breakers home games is that there have been some erratic calls but certainly it has generally not favoured the Breakers.

Reply #160053 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

More fouls called on Breakers last night than on the Dragons and that's even after the Dragons fouled a couple of times late to stop the clock.

Reply #160063 | Report this post

Well well. Who needs imports. Just play Ryan Kersten

Reply #160186 | Report this post

Aims  
Years ago

"Well well. Who needs imports. Just play Ryan Kersten"

As much as we love to watch Ryan play, he might not be getting as much minutes this week as our new import arrives.

Reply #160327 | Report this post

Aims...u see thats the problem our Aussie boys (Kersten) dont get to develop due to these imports who come over cos they cant make it in their own country!

Reply #160499 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:48 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754