Fill Smythe
Years ago

36ers fined by NBL

News report on 102-3 this arvo. 36ers fined $1000 for not attending the after match press conference.

Topic #13726 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Heard it on Triple J before as well.

Here are the details from the NBL site:

The National Basketball League has issued a $1,000 fine to the Adelaide 36ers for failing to attend the post-match media conference following their 117-109 loss to the Gold Coast Blaze at the Gold Coast Convention Centre on Wednesday night.

All teams are required under NBL Rules to provide a coach and, upon request, a player to all post-match media conferences, with an automatic fine of $1,000 for non-compliance.

Reply #160115 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

How can they fine the 36ers, when its Phils fault he is not even our coach... oh..right, he IS our coach :)

Reply #160116 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Are they going to fine us for not turning up to play aswell?

Reply #160126 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

I'd rather they fine Phil for showing up at all....

Reply #160131 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Fair go guys....

obviously he didn't have his list of excuses prepared before the conference and couldn't come out and say we plainly suck.....

Reply #160135 | Report this post

skink  
Years ago

yeah, i heard he was too busy talking too warne and lockett about shooting some comercial....yeah yeah.

Reply #160147 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gee he's cutting his own throat isnt he?

As if he's not under enough scrutiny and then he goes and cops a fine.

Reply #160148 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

Just take a hike Phil.

Reply #160155 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:31 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754