Player10
Years ago

Will chappell be released?

does anyone else think we will be hearing mike chappell has been released from his contract monday night on sports news?

its just so bloody frustrating to watch him score 6 points in the first 6mins of a game and look to drive and shoot everytime he gets the ball, then finish the game with 8 points!!!

(Mod: I made the title more suitable.)

Topic #13743 | Report this topic

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

No we wont. and we shouldnt.

Reply #160346 | Report this post

T.O. Slammer  
Years ago

Just saw Channel 9 news. Bickley said that if they can find a better import then they'll release Chappell.

If the 36'ers have any hope of making the finals they'll need an import that can play and Maher on the floor.

Reply #160347 | Report this post

Player10  
Years ago

how can you say that so confidently? i want him to succeed just as much as anyone but hes not delivering, he gets paid to score and he isnt so how can they keep him?

Reply #160348 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

why shouldn't we release him ? what's your explanation 'kobe for mvp'? U would just like to see you views on why we should keep him

Reply #160351 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

It must be agony for Chappell with all this talk of whether he is going or staying. How can be perform under these conditions?

They should release him on fitness grounds, place a phone call to Ames in Chicago, and also look at what young talent even Australian is also around the place. Invite Stefan Blaszczynski over for a trial {if he really is in Sydney as per other posts } or at least contact him, and not sign the next import until he proves he is fit after he steps off the plane.

Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind. Mike should be told one way or the other. The club owes him that much.

Reply #160352 | Report this post

Fill Smythe  
Years ago

With the exception of some PS jobs every one these days is in a performance base situation. Why should we be so emotional about Chappell? At this point in time, he's only had one standout match, and IMO that's not good enough.

Reply #160354 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

two good games i reckon but thats not good enough. not nice to cut him but has to be done. anyone who doesn't think they should cut him doesn't have the best long term interests at heart

Reply #160362 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

Thanks to whoever changed the title - it was downright misreprestenation originally!

(Mod: It was my pleasure.)

Reply #160364 | Report this post

xtc  
Years ago

"It must be agony for Chappell with all this talk of whether he is going or staying"

Well ballinger fan, its been agony watching him this year as well!

Open the door wide and pass on through Mike.

Reply #160388 | Report this post

amen  
Years ago

amen to that, seeya Mike.

PS: I heard Willie has finished his latest contract in Turkey (he would be a good fit with this team)

Reply #160410 | Report this post

amen  
Years ago

amen to that, seeya Mike.

PS: I heard Willie has finished his latest contract in Turkey (he would be a good fit with this team)

Reply #160411 | Report this post

crudeboy  
Years ago

Heard A Rumpur that Phil wants to bring back Dwayne Nelson after the success of bringing in age last season with Marcus Timmons. Apparently players are like a fine wine with Phil - they get better with age.

<>

Reply #160417 | Report this post

Martini  
Years ago

Considering the kind of Money you are getting for a team in this league as an import; I'd expect a certain amount of input into every game.

The least he could do is average is 19ppg or so a game; pull down a few boards maybe throw a decent pass.

You could have offered Forman that kind of money to stay and do the kind of job Chappell is doing.

He's no Rychart that's for sure. Now there's a guy you can get to come back; considering they won't win another title in Brisbane for a few decades now.

Reply #160452 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

amen lets get willey back so he can shoot 40 shots and hit five so it looks like a good nyt with double figures...atleast chappell only shoots half as much as wat willy did! Atleast chappell doesnt cry wen things get tough

Reply #160498 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:12 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754