hoopla
Years ago

phillips to juggle '08

how will she fit centrals abl in ?

i would imagine opals then connecticut then centrals would be the pecking order

courant.com (USA media) reports this-

About a month ago, Phillips told an Australian paper she was going to stay in her native country to get ready for the Beijing Olympics. She told The Courant then that there was a lot of pressure on the Australian players to stay but that she was undecided because she didn't want to miss two consecutive WNBA seasons.

Thibault says something can be worked out.

"We have several scenarios," Thibault said. "The one she can do is play in the Olympics and then come back and play the final seven or eight games of our season and the playoffs."

The Sun may be able to work out an arrangement with the Australian federation to allow Phillips to play some games with the Sun before and after the Olympics.

"We're trying to find some sort of in-between," Thibault said.

Topic #13770 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

tough situation for her.

Reply #160733 | Report this post

4th Spazzy  
Years ago

i hope they can work something out...

Erin is one of the most enjoyable female players to watch...

her defensive work ethic is second to none...i use footage of her playing defence to show young players how its really DONE!

Good Luck Erin hope it all works out for you!

Reply #160824 | Report this post

commonsense  
Years ago

sounds like the best outcome.

that way this young ladies talent is not wasted and everyone womens ball fan around the world can appreciate her game.

bit of the W and and the olympics means everyone is happy.

Reply #160833 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:45 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754